Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My lexapro diary

Re: My lexapro diary

It certainly is. It's not weird at all.

Have a look back over your DBT material. The principles remain the same even if your anxiety issues have changed.

You are changing meds and are naturally worried about potential side effects. If you read all the accompanying literature on lexapro you will fill your head with panic and "what if" scenarios. You need to give the lexapro a chance by trying to manage your anxiety more effectively. Keep up with the walking and keep occupied with stuff which isn't entirely MH related.

At day 10 and nothing much to report except tiredness/sleepiness. Went to work on Saturday and anxiety was very present. Only early days still.

Good for you sticking to it

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Should I bite the bullet and just go to 10mg or stick with the 5mg like the doc said? I seem to be tolerating it better than other medications.

At 10 days escitalopram will have reached a steady-state level in blood plasma so you could increase the dose now, John. Whether you should is another matter as I think psychology was a factor in some of the issues you had with paroxetine. It comes down to how comfortable you are mentally with raising the dose.

I agree. It's early days as you say. Don't rush it and regret it. You're doing well so keep stable and your stress levels as low as possible.

I'd talk to your Dr. before doing anything just in case had a particular reason for the long lead up.

So I seem to be going ok-ish with the lexapro. Main things to report are a bit of mental fog and lethargy and headaches which I have had since before starting the pills.

Yesterday I woke up really positive and was doing ok but by about 2pm I needed to lie down as I was exhausted.

I am sleeping very well at night unlike on the paroxetine which completely stuffed up my sleep.

Today I have woken up with a big headache which has put me in a bad mood.

I will speak with my dr regarding upping my dose if I can get through to her today and let you know what she says.

My dr was a bit ambivalent about increasing my dose but thought we could try it out and see how it goes.

So the last 3 days at 10mg have been pretty crap. Feels like my head is puffy and I am a little anxious. Plus a lot of teeth grinding.

I have to go in to work tomorrow (only working Saturdays at the moment) and am full of dread. Probably psychological not the medication.

How long for things to settle after a dose increase?

There have been moments where I have felt fine but then I sink back into anxious feelings/thoughts.

It's probably a bit of over thinking on your part.
    I did much the same on Arpoax.
    Try to find something to distract yourself and it should settle down.
    I find work a great distraction.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information