Coming back to update with some good(ish) news.

Here's the worry list vs the "real story" as it stands 4 or so months in:

Leg (twitching, numbness, weird gait) - entire leg (well both really) appears stronger with PT, but still twitching pretty frequently... and now so is other leg, mostly after being used differently, or during very high stress situations. Numbness has retreated significantly.
Gait sometimes still feels weird but usually only after taxing it, e.g. briefly running full tilt or running stairs.

Hand, same side - looked weird felt weird, grip felt like it was starting to go yet Neuro said no wasting, only some joint swelling. Based on that comment, I waited 2 months and then after it didn't get better went to see hand doc. Now proud owner of custom splint + anti-inflammatory prescription, plus ganglion cyst + tendonitis + arthritis diagnossis.
Quote from hand doc: "You have a bunch of overlapping things wrong, none of them severe but all annoying and not really fixable" ...hooray

Eyes, mostly same side but really both - still have double vision in one spot, but a tiny bit less bad than before? Not awesome though. Haven't seen neuro-optho yet.

Speech issues, perceived - still there but comes and goes and I suspect that means it's in my head. Also seems tied to whatever is going on with my eyes and ear, which I find interesting...

Muscle spasm tinnitus in one ear - surprise surprise, it's there when I am stressed and recedes when I am not, or when I "tell it off" by saying "brain, I refuse to listen to you going 'doom doom doom' into my literal ear. Go away."

Still twitching absolutely everywhere but again, a bit less so.

I do have a follow up that the neuro requested but I haven't scheduled yet, we'll see how that goes. A huge thanks to everyone who has been so wonderful.

Thanks to Pulisa in particular for earlier statement about how tricky it is to pursue things that might really be wrong with me (eyes, hand) without setting off my HA or indulging it. I've taken a policy of delaying, not "researching," and trying to replace HA behaviour with other things and so far it has helped quite a bit!!
I have been able to calm down really significantly but I would be lying if I didn't say I am still worrying from time to time.