Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite YouTube channels

Favourite YouTube channels

Now to a more positive thread from me, I thought I would share with you all my favourite channels on good old YouTube. And all aside from Dr John Campbell, ZOE, and all Covid/general news-related channels.

In no particular rank order, some of my own personal current favourites are as follows:

Parlogram Auctions:

A channel from an ardent Beatles fan (of UK origin) who does in-depth analysis on different Beatles and associated releases worldwide, comprehensively covering attention-to-detail aspects such as runout etchings and matrix numbers in each vinyl pressing, label variations, etc, and sometimes even covering other 'historical' physical formats such as pre-recorded cassettes, 8-track cartridges, reel tapes, etc, plus of course CDs.

Techmoan:

An excellent channel from a guy called Matt Taylor, who lives in the NW of England (Wigan, I think), who does some good honest reviews on (mostly) electronic items, both new and historical. He has most interestingly covered virtually every audio-visual medium known to exist past to present, and is always on the lookout for media that he's still yet to cover, including sub-variants of items already covered. Always a great watch.

ThamesTv:

Great 'archive' material from the legendary UK TV production company, including much rare and previously unseen footage from the 'Golden Ages' of TV.

WhispersRed:

A fab ASMR channel.

Espen Kraft:

A great Norwegian guy dedicated to the making of music '80s-style', with comprehensive coverage of the classic keyboards and equipment used extensively during that decade.

On The Buses Database:

Comprehensive 'then-and-now' locations coverage of the timeless sitcom from 1969-73, narrated by a guy from Edinburgh.

Might add more favourite YouTube channels in due course, as I'm always discovering more and more great stuff every day.

Re: Favourite YouTube channels

I watch Techmoan with Mr. Iris in the mornings before work.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I watch Techmoan with Mr. Iris in the mornings before work.
    Brilliant isn't he.

Seems like a real nice guy as well, who is very passionate about what he does.

I also enjoy Cassette Comeback's channel. Despite the fact that cassette tapes and machines are generally yesterday's technology, they were ubiquitous during my childhood and even teenage years, so in a nostalgic sense it's nice to see the in-depth analysis of those old TDKs and many other old chestnuts of both well-known and relatively obscure brands once again.

'Record-o-logy' and 'Ana(Dia)log' are similar favourites of mine too.

I'm not at all tech minded so really admire your knowledge and enthusiasm, Lenco.

Thanks for starting a positive thread. I'll be following it but won't be able to contribute anything useful or interesting though

I subscribe to around 250 channels on YouTube. Mostly music but it runs the gamut from A to Z.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I go through phases - YT is my preferred evening wind down. I love a mix of things, but on any given day my recommended list will include true crime, theme park histories and news, science and medicine, gossip and viral debunking. I do watch beading videos, but generally not at bedtime except to get a quick idea of the techniques used to obtain a particular effect.

Watching a lot of videos about body piercing at the moment, mostly because they're often by interesting characters with interesting voices.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm not at all tech minded so really admire your knowledge and enthusiasm, Lenco.

Thanks for starting a positive thread. I'll be following it but won't be able to contribute anything useful or interesting though
    Don't worry Pulisa.

Thanks for the acknowledgement though.

To be honest I don't subscribe to much, a guy who posts a lot of Pearl Jam stuff, a yoga teacher, Russell Brand and I'm a little embarrassed to admit I do like things like Dr Pimple Popper. But I have started watch quite a lot on FB, I love watching clips from the Graham Norton Show and I like Brad Mondo the hairdresser that critiques home hair cuts/dyes. Bit of an odd mix really.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I go through phases - YT is my preferred evening wind down. I love a mix of things, but on any given day my recommended list will include true crime, theme park histories and news, science and medicine, gossip and viral debunking. I do watch beading videos, but generally not at bedtime except to get a quick idea of the techniques used to obtain a particular effect.

Watching a lot of videos about body piercing at the moment, mostly because they're often by interesting characters with interesting voices.
    I often like to watch old favourites of TV dramas, in particular spanning from the late 70s through the early 90s that I never watched back in the day such as Only Fools And Horses, Minder, Brookside (mostly the 1982-88 period), Grange Hill (mostly the pre-90s era), The Bill (mostly the 1984-93 period) and London's Burning.

The latter three dramas became a bit naffer in their later years IMO, especially as they tried to jump too much on the 'soapy' bandwagon, and also trying to rely too much on over-sensationalist plots/storylines on occasions in order to 'sell out' to their audiences.

Of course there is the old chestnut On The Buses too.

As for the likes of Corrie, EastEnders, Emmerdale, etc, no way Jose (sorry to all those on here who still love watching said soaps religiously)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information