Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New phone

New phone

The new iPhone is going to be called IPhone 13 I am a bit ocd about it being an unlucky number anybody else had these worries?

Re: New phone

Wait until the 14 comes out, or are you one of these Apple fanboys who simply must have the latest trinket?

I wish I had these "worries".

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Wait until the 14 comes out, or are you one of these Apple fanboys who simply must have the latest trinket?
    I’ll absolutely admit to being an apple fangirl lol. I’m ok with it have an iMac, iPad, MacBook Air, iPhone, Apple Watch. Yeah, it’s excessive lol. But I love the integration between all the various products and how everything just works. I have no head for tech type stuff so for people like me, apple is awesome.

my cell plan is one that allows me to upgrade phones once per year at no additional cost. So yeah Phil I’ll be first in line for the 13, superstitions be d@mned hahaha

Nope, it wouldn't bother me at all. Superstitions are nothings, literally constructed silly nonsense. In other cultures 13 is 'lucky', but then I wouldn't believe that either.

If main stream news did a piece about the dreaded number 13 with silly little yes men and women nodding their heads behind the speaker, then I am sure the world over would be terrified of the dreaded number 13.

Goes with ... I wish I had these "worries".

"If"....

Fortunately the OP has moved onto other issues now.

I'm sorry you are so angry, Ponder.

I had an Iphone 12 Max as a work phone after 3 years of have various Samsung Notes. I was very underwhelmed, Apple appears to have gone from cutting edge to well behind the curve, it was clunky and on some apps slow in operation, not impressed any more. I've left the company now, but I know the next round of phones are open choice, very few will be going Apple again.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I’ll absolutely admit to being an apple fangirl lol. I’m ok with it have an iMac, iPad, MacBook Air, iPhone, Apple Watch. Yeah, it’s excessive lol. But I love the integration between all the various products and how everything just works. I have no head for tech type stuff so for people like me, apple is awesome.

my cell plan is one that allows me to upgrade phones once per year at no additional cost. So yeah Phil I’ll be first in line for the 13, superstitions be d@mned hahaha
    Yeah, about that... I know of someone who, like you, is devoted to Apple and uses that phrase "everything just works" (because apparently, no other operating system does).

I once asked him about backups and he said that it was spread "seamlessly" across multiple machines, network storage and the Cloud. Any changes were immediately reflected across all the other machines, unlike us Windows/Linux primitives who back up to isolated physical drives held in different locations.

This was all well and good until one machine developed a corruption in its filing system and seamlessly copied all the changed files to every other device. That amounted to some 10,000 photographic negatives he had to rescan.

Meanwhile... as it's September, it's time to do a network storage backup onto the "odd months" drive.

I've never owned a smart phone and don't want one either.

pulisa, I just wanted to say, sometimes deep passion can be mistaken for anger. I think I know Ponder pretty well and he's become a very good online friend. I have no doubt(s) the he would be there if I (or anyone) needed him while struggling himself. I would hope we can make allowances for people because nobody is perfect and we all have our moments and hope to be forgiven when we have ours. I know I come across as angry at times myself. Don't get me wrong, I am angry but more hurt which I'm no so sure is good either. Trouble is anger eats away at our psyche while being hurt feed that source(s) trying to further darken it. Hard to explain :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information