Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juvenile ALS, similiar Symptoms

Post Juvenile ALS, similiar Symptoms

Hi guys, i am 17 years old, caucasian male. This past few weeks my eye caught a thing called Juvenile ALS and it had different symptoms i was surprised. Before all this i had some twitching and stiffness but that went away. This past week I noticed twitching in my arms, legs and in facial muscles, along with tingling, pins and needles. I know that pins and needles, tingling point away from als but there is a symptom called sensory disturbances in Juvenile ALS. Before all this all my fear and symptoms started in february 2021. This past 2,3 days i developed bladder dysfunction, and there is a symptom called bladder dysfunction in Juvenile ALS. I did not lose bladder control, only urge to urinate more often and internet says it is neurologican condition "Thanks" to Dr. Google. I am really scared because i have never had bladder problems before and there was facial spaciticty symptom and my facial muscles are twitching, tingling. I am scared to death and before you ask me to go to a doctor, i visited rheumotologist she examined me and told me i am fine. This visit was 2 months ago, but to go to a neurologist it will be a long wait because he has a lot of patiens and covid has its role here too. I may have health anxiety but i don't know if it can cause tingling in facial muscles or all this symptoms. Guys you are my last hope please help me, i am scared to death, don't know what to do anymore. Thank you

Re: Juvenile ALS, similiar Symptoms

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Take a deep breath... I have tingling in my face.. like tiny little twiches. Ive seen a neurologist already. The neuro you see will help alot pal.

I twich every time I stop moving and the top guy in the uk for motor neruon said I have nothing to worry. Stay positive

Thanks for answering my man, i am really sorry for bothering, it is just not possible to see a neurologist now because of the wait and the only people that i can speak to are you. The tingling in my face is not that worrying, it is in my lower eyelid that causes uncomfortable sensation but the worrying one is the urge to urinate i dont know if it from anxiety or it is a legit als symptom because Juvenile ALS has different symptoms compared to the original one. Thank you again and sorry for taking your time.

Eyelid twiching is anxiety. Als/mnd does not affect eye muscles from what ive seen. Ive been through 7 months of looking at research chronic stress, anxiety panic attacks all day every day pal. I know how you feel believe me. Im twiching all over as we speak lol what ever your neuro says believe him, even though im struggling to believe mine. But we are not doctors they are

And also to have it that young 17. Odds are so great its un real. Only if you have extensive family history

No Family history of als, no relatives, no one. What about the urge to urinate guys, is it the anxiety, stress or it is a symptom. I know it is almost impossible for me to have it, I just want to at least stop thinking about it. Thank you

Best thing to do is talk to your doctor. Explain your fears bro. Im not a doctor so i dont know everything. I've talked myself into ALS. MY ADVICE stay of google talk to your doctor. Need to urinate more then likely nerves, anxiety has killed me pal, fried my mind and body. Be guided by your doctor

Ok Thank you very much, one more thing, my bicep shakes sometimes is it ok or not. Thanks

Urge to urinate could potentially be a UTI, but is likely anxiety. Anxiety makes you have to pee. And the more you notice that you need to pee, and the more frequently you go, the more frequently you feel like you need to go - it's a vicious cycle.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information