So about 3 nights ago, I was laying in bed when all of the sudden, I felt like I had a “double beat.” So I kind of just put it aside, it’s happened before and I didn’t give it much thought. Then the next night, the same thing happened when I went to lay down to go to sleep. I started to worry a little more, because I don’t recall that happening two nights in a row and I think it was occurring a little more frequently. Then last night I was panicking because I knew it was going to pop up again and it did. I’m terrified to go to sleep because I don’t want my heart to stop beating. I’d check my pulse and it stopped for a second and then went back to normal. I don’t think this has ever happened to me and it feels different than anxiety. I have had immense anxiety my entire life, and I’m sure I’ve put more stress on my heart than a person should do in a lifetime, I’m 28 years old. But I now sit and wait to feel that fluttering in my chest. This is freaking me out because I don’t think this has happened this much to me. I was somewhat okay yesterday, but last night was really scary. I even had a nightmare and woke up an hour later which I’m sure was a reaction to my heart skipping a beat. And I don’t like going to the doctor, because my blood pressure always goes up sky high when I’m in the doctors office, and they make me panic even more because they make me feel embarrassed because of it.
I will say that I wonder this is caused by me taking Curcumin/turmeric. Because this didn’t start until 2 weeks after I started taking these new supplements that had curcumin/turmeric in them. While I’ve stopped taking them, I worry this will be a permanent thing and I don’t have any other choice. I’m terrified because this doesn’t feel like normal anxiety.