Thread: I think something is actually wrong with my heart…PVC/arrhythmia

I think something is actually wrong with my heart…PVC/arrhythmia

So about 3 nights ago, I was laying in bed when all of the sudden, I felt like I had a “double beat.” So I kind of just put it aside, it’s happened before and I didn’t give it much thought. Then the next night, the same thing happened when I went to lay down to go to sleep. I started to worry a little more, because I don’t recall that happening two nights in a row and I think it was occurring a little more frequently. Then last night I was panicking because I knew it was going to pop up again and it did. I’m terrified to go to sleep because I don’t want my heart to stop beating. I’d check my pulse and it stopped for a second and then went back to normal. I don’t think this has ever happened to me and it feels different than anxiety. I have had immense anxiety my entire life, and I’m sure I’ve put more stress on my heart than a person should do in a lifetime, I’m 28 years old. But I now sit and wait to feel that fluttering in my chest. This is freaking me out because I don’t think this has happened this much to me. I was somewhat okay yesterday, but last night was really scary. I even had a nightmare and woke up an hour later which I’m sure was a reaction to my heart skipping a beat. And I don’t like going to the doctor, because my blood pressure always goes up sky high when I’m in the doctors office, and they make me panic even more because they make me feel embarrassed because of it.
    I will say that I wonder this is caused by me taking Curcumin/turmeric. Because this didn’t start until 2 weeks after I started taking these new supplements that had curcumin/turmeric in them. While I’ve stopped taking them, I worry this will be a permanent thing and I don’t have any other choice. I’m terrified because this doesn’t feel like normal anxiety.

Re: I think something is actually wrong with my heart…PVC/arrhythmia

I keep trying to lay down to take a nap, but the feeling comes back. I’ve put my fingers to my neck so I can see if my heartbeat skips or doubles, and while I don’t think it is, I have the feeling in my chest that it does. And I get up and it goes away. I’m scared I have heart failure, or will die suddenly. I do recall this same thing happening sometime ago, but it didn’t last this long.

I can absolutely say from experience, that focusing on this and anticipating it will definitely make them happen more frequently. I’ve been there myself. It’s not easy but the trick is to just accept and let it go.

Saying that though is just my experience with them. I’ve had some heart tests over the last few years and all have come back normal. So it’s always good to get checked out with new symptoms, but from what I understand a good portion of these skipped beat type things are benign.

I contacted my GP and they asked me extensive questions about my heart rate, blood pressure, etc. to cover everything and make sure they had all the information. Now I was told that should my symptoms get worse or just feel different to definitely come in. Now there’s a few things I forgot to mention:

1. I recall this happening to me when I was a lot younger. I can’t remember how long it lasted, but I definitely recall this happening to me before.
    2. I’ve decided to keep a track of my heart rate when I feel like my heart is skipping a beat, double beating, etc. And each time, when I am taking my pulse, the beat feels normal. I will say that there’s a few times that I can’t tell if it’s a missed beat, or if I just didn’t check it in time.
    3. I was taking turmeric/curcumin supplements for about two weeks prior to this (I heard it was highly rated and wanted to see if it made a difference for me), and that was the only thing that changed from before this started, to it starting.

Also, does anxiety cause a person to develop a heart arrhythmia/cardiac arrest? I have heard conflicting stories/statistics.
    Last edited by Caribou93; 05-09-21 at 17:09.

I’ll be getting ahold of my doctor to see when the next appointment there is for me, I’m freaking out. I’ve been feeling dizzy/off every now and then. My heart rate is lower than it normally is…I’m always anxious, so it usually very high, but now it’s in the mid 60s maybe low 70s if that. I have had some chest discomfort, not pain necessarily, and I have a sense of impending doom. It’s constantly on my mind, and I can’t think straight for over a month.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m sorry, I never replied with an update. I went to my doctor about 3 weeks ago. I had an ECG, and blood work and my thyroid tested. My ECG was normal, along with my thyroid. However, my hemoglobin was slightly low. So, they retested it, and it went back up, but was just barely out of normal range. My other blood work was normal, WBC, MCV, hematocrit, iron, etc. My RBC was just a hair outside of normal, but it’s been like that my whole life. They also did a fecal occult test, which came back negative.

I’m worried that I’ve developed some heart defect, or something. The issue actually went away those few weeks since, but have since kind of resurfaced. I’ll get the odd feeling in my chest, and I’ll feel off balance. It’s not really pain, just an odd fluttering feeling. HOWEVER, when I go to see if I have that double beat, it’s not there.

I wonder if the curium I was taking has had some detrimental permanent affect on me.

I was hoping I could bump this thread after over a year of not being active on it lol. But I wanted to give a little update and see if anyone else might have some insight. So what I wanted to ask is sometimes I feel like my heart stops for a hot second, but I can’t tell if that’s actually happening or not. I almost feel like I have some sort of breathing dysfunction as well. Like I’m almost scared to breath for some reason because my mind is consciously doing it. And when I have a moment of not breathing my heart beat is like absent/really slow, but when I start breathing again it gets going again. I’ve had a weird sense of balance issues ever since this started over a year and a half ago too. I’ve checked my blood pressure when I have a feeling of unsteadiness and it’s completely normal. In fact, that’s something every time I go to the doctor and they take my blood pressure, they say it’s literally a perfect value. So my blood pressure is normal, which I don’t understand if I’m having these balance issues. Is anyone else able to shed some light on this topic at all? Thank you
    I also want to mention I seem to have tremors/shakiness as well, and I guess I never noticed it before. I guess it’s something else I should’ve mentioned.
    Last edited by Caribou93; 21-02-23 at 20:22.

Thread Information