Thread: Bowel issues causing high anxiety

Bowel issues causing high anxiety

I’ve posted many times over the years about my bowel issues, I am beyond stressed about it now. In the last few weeks my ins has been all over the place. I am having a couple of days of constipation with only passing tiny stools and then I will have a day where I have to go up to 4 times and it’s usually quite soft and small pieces, a number 5 pm the stool scale. I haven’t had a normal stool for about 5 weeks.

I also often get the feeling of incomplete evacuation which I have had for many years but it still causes me concern. I’ve also had about 5 episodes of diahorrea in that time. I don’t know how to stop panicking about every little change day to day.

Re: Bowel issues causing high anxiety

I am right there with you, past 2 months. I'm spending way too much time thinking / worrying about it. One day it'll be normal and I'll feel great, next day a thin one, next day lumpy with dark bits, next day fine, next day some diarrhea...and then I'll see like a pinprick spot of red on the paper and have a massive freak out, and I'm sure that leads to the "pains" I feel around my stomach/back that never stay in one place and come and go as they please.

Have a gastro appointment but not until November. Trying to remember the "poo floats and it sinks" rhyme thing I see on here but it's tough. You're not alone!

Re: Bowel issues causing high anxiety

Hi Rainbow, I completely sympathise. I've had IBS for a few years now and recently had 4 months of diarrhea, multiple toilet visits (10-15 a day) and a feeling of incomplete evacuation. I had a colonoscopy, CT scan and finally an endoscopy (I had stomach pains too) and nothing was found other than low ferritin (which I know know is a long-standing issue). My gastro suggested post-infectious IBS from the start but I wasn't sure (I only had a very minor viral illness back in March) but I don't think my anxiety helped at all.
    I am still not back to normal but I found that things improved when I stopped panicking as much.
    As Balt says, you're not alone - HA can be horrific, especially with GI stuff.

Thread Information