Thread: HA is getting worse. Current scare: IBC/Breast Cancer

HA is getting worse. Current scare: IBC/Breast Cancer

Hello lovely ladies! Been a long time lurker but have only plucked up the courage to register and post. Out of all anxiety forums, you guys are the nicest and most helpful. I’ve had HA since I was 5yo, and had gotten worse as I hit perimenopause. I’m 41. So here goes nothing!
    I have had a sizable reddish/pink rash on the outer left lower part of my right breast (next to the cleavage) for nearly 3 weeks now. It’s kind of shaped like a half moon. It feels like there are a couple rough patches and was itchy at first but not anymore. My breasts have always been itchy since I hit perimenopause but have never produced any rashes. There has been no changes (color has gone down slightly now), no dents, discharge or puckering, not warm to the touch, nipple is the same. Of course I started prodding and poking and now I feel like theres a squishy painless lump slightly higher than where the rash is. When I noticed the rash (and then the lump) I was ovulating. I’m now on day 3 of my period. I feel stuck as we’re on lockdown where I’m from and I can’t get to a hospital right now. My bf doesn’t think it’s anything serious (and tbh I’ve made myself a bit the boy who cried wolf with him now from a dozen other diseases I’ve diagnosed myself with). I flip flop between being sensible to being terrorised at the thought of having IBC.
    I haven’t had a mammogram ever as when I finally got the courage to book an appointment, covid happened. I did have blood work done a week ago for work which turned out normal. Not sure a normal blood work means anything.
    I didn’t want to post as I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time when you could be helping out other people. But I’m getting desperate. Thanks for letting me vent!
    Last edited by JustAnAnxiousGal; 30-08-21 at 12:31.

Re: HA is getting worse. Current scare: IBC/Breast Cancer

I advice to proceed on booking a mammogram just to be sure on what's going on you. As to covid, just wear mask and practice social distancing. Also, make sure to bring alcohol and wash your hands frequently.

Hi! Thanks so much for responding. I’d do it if I could but we’re on strict lockdown, we’re not allowed to even step outside our house. Hopefully it gets lifted after next week!

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnAnxiousGal View Post
    Hi! Thanks so much for responding. I’d do it if I could but we’re on strict lockdown, we’re not allowed to even step outside our house. Hopefully it gets lifted after next week!
    Wow, where are you from? You can’t even leave home for medical reasons????

Vietnam. Unless you’re having a heart attack or something absolutely dire like that I guess. But nope, there’s no going out. This is why I’m freaking out - if what I have turns out to be IBC…it might be too late! Just typing that out is giving me a panic attack.

That's the definition of a hard lockdown, no excuses at all. Though, I disagree on that method as it may worsen people's condition undergoing medical treatment.

Could you not contact a GP on the phone and talk about the rash and your fears? See what he/she recommends..if anything?

You had blood work done very recently so, hard lockdown or not, there must be a medical service out there? I'm sure you would feel better just talking to a doctor?

Thanks a lot for responding! That’s what I’ve been trying to find - a hospital that will do online consults. So far so nothing. Hopefully this lockdown ends this week and the minute it does I’m out the door.
    I guess for now I’m just comforted by the fact that the redness has basically gone down (my bf confirmed it as I don’t trust myself) to flesh/skin-toned and if it had been IBC, at 3 weeks it would just steadily be getting worse and w new symptoms popping up wouldn’t it?

I agree!

Hi did you ever find out what caused this. I have very similar symptoms and had them for almost a year. Hope you’re well. Thanks x

Thread Information