Thread: Twitching in same spot for 8 days continuously?

Twitching in same spot for 8 days continuously?

Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been around here in a while because I honestly haven't had a ton of health anxiety for a bit - but something has been going on that has me flared up again.

So, last Monday (8 days ago) I got the wild hair to do some push ups in my office (I work from home). I got into push up position and did 1 and then kind of adjusted my position because my arms were super wide. Then I did a total of 10. I haven't done anything like that in a while. Later that day (I think?) or definitely the next morning my right arm kinda on the left of my elbow started twitching. Basically if you stick out your hands directly in front of you with palms facing the ground, the inner left side of your bicep very closest to your elbow. Kinda hard to describe and sort of a weird spot. Right where your bicep meets your elbow on the inside.

So, it has been twitching ever since. Basically 24 hours a day. Even when I wake up during the night. The twitches are fairly large. They are not really fine twitches that I can barely feel. They are fairly strong twitches. I do tend to notice them more if my arms are bent like if I'm holding a cell phone and texting and the arms are very bent towards my face. It seems to really go off even stronger then and maybe less so when my arms are more extended and straight like when walking. Either that or I just can't feel it as much when they are straight.

Anyways, I don't think I've ever had a single spot twitch this long for this many days continuously. Any thoughts? Could this be a sign of ALS?

Re: Twitching in same spot for 8 days continuously?

I wish this described my twitching! Mine is there, mostly in one leg but really all over, near constantly / at least one a minute, with ZERO exercise.

Let's think your case through tho. And note I am not a doctor, this is like crude grade school level reasoning here:

1. You suddenly got an unaccountable urge to exercise
    2. Exercise stresses muscle fibers, telling them to contract. they get this message via nerves.
    3. If you send a bunch of new messages to the muscles via the nerves, messages which they are unprepared for because you don't normally exercise, they're gonna be like "what's going on here, what do I do now?"
    4. The "what's going on here, what do I do now?" = possible twitching.

If you don't believe me you can read about it on forums where people do a lot of vigorous exercise. it's a thing. here is a example: https://woman.thenest.com/muscle-tre...ing-21177.html

now if only I had this degree of logic for my OWN fears.....

If you are twitching all over that is not ALS. That is just not characteristic of ALS as a disease.

Weirdly I did some push-ups yesterday and I’ve had a muscle just above my elbow on my left arm twitching ever since. It was quite comforting to come across your post! And, ps, I’ve had a twitch in one spot last longer than a month.

Oh most definitely. At the beginning of the year I had a twitch INSIDE my mouth that was 24/7 for over two weeks. Maybe even 3 weeks. And by 24/7, I mean it never stopped. I have videos of it lol. I would wake up in the middle of the night and it was just spasming away. Tried to distract myself, still twitching. I could feel it all the time. Drove me nuts. Went to Neuro and he had no idea, thought it was odd because it was inside my mouth, sent for an MRI and clean. Twitching stopped about 3 days later, never to return.

It's so nice to see us all helping each other to be rational about this

Still twitching on day 10 :/

Like me darkside, you have dipped in and out of the als rabbit hole many times. I wonder if, also like me, you might find reading your own post history a useful way of gaining perspective?

Thought I would report back - the twitching subsided after about 13 days. :| ... crazy.

Thanks, darkside. I've been twitching for a few weeks now -- some days better than others. Glad to hear there could be light at the end of the tunnel. Best wishes to you.

Thread Information