Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So nervous...

So nervous...

My mom passed away yesterday of complications of COVID. I will be traveling to North Carolina for her funeral but I am nervous about going. I know I need to be there. Me and my husband are taking all the precautions, we are driving, staying in a hotel and not with family and we will be wearing our masks and washing hands or using hand sanitizers whenever we can't wash them. Everyone is telling me we will be fine taking those precautions but I can't help but worry.

Re: So nervous...

Sorry to hear about your mother. Take all precautions necessary and you should be fine.

So very sorry to hear this. :-(

So sorry to hear this.

As said before you're doing all you can and it's important for you to be there.

So very sorry for your loss

So so sorry to hear about your mum. You are taking lots of precautions. You should be fine.

Thanks everyone. We are driving in a rental car now and have a few more hours to go. I still have anxiety about the whole trip and being around my family and other people. I spent the last year and a half pretty much at home as much as possible and found it very hard to leave home (my comfort zone)

All the best for you. If you're up to it let us know how you are later.

I of course am filled with anxiety but I am trying to use my coping mechanisms to deal with it. Of course it didn't help that I went to my mom's house today. It felt weird being there without her. My step-dad, my sister, my niece and a lot of other people around here have had Covid. I am just terrified that I or my husband are going to get it. i wore my mask the whole time, he did not so I am a little freaked out about that. The next few days are going to be tough and trying...

It sounds like most people at the funeral will have had it already so try not to worry. They will no longer be infectious and there aren't any reports of people picking it up again so quickly.

That must have been really tough to be at your mum's house and I understand all the grief around that. It's a lot to process anyway, especially with the added anxiety of covid.

It sounds like you've taken so many precautions, just get back home and get through the next few days as best you can. Once you're fine after a few days I'm sure you'll feel less anxious about it all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information