Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So nervous...

Re: So nervous...

Thanks, I am trying to not let myself get so nervous but I can't help it. The funeral is tomorrow, so I still have to get through today, tomorrow (which is going to be extremely hard) and then we will be going home Tuesday morning.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mum Goofygirl. Regarding your fears over the funeral, it may not mean much but I attended a funeral in August. My wife, daughter, son and my son's lady friend were there too. There was a lot of people and hardly any masks, the service was carried out indoors with singing and I remember thinking, if I don't get covid now, I never will. None of us developed symptoms and this was 18th August. I wish you peace, comfort and good health.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mum Goofygirl. Regarding your fears over the funeral, it may not mean much but I attended a funeral in August. My wife, daughter, son and my son's lady friend were there too. There was a lot of people and hardly any masks, the service was carried out indoors with singing and I remember thinking, if I don't get covid now, I never will. None of us developed symptoms and this was 18th August. I wish you peace, comfort and good health.
    Thanks Fishman65, I guess I am just worried about being around my family and at my mom's house. I am probably just being irrational as I find myself keep trying to ask for reassurance.

so very sorry for your loss..I hope all goes as well as possible for your mums service

i sadly lost my mum not long ago and we had to attend a limited service..I was extremely worried about staying safe too as id been home shielding.

I hope it may help you to know I was masked and family kept distance and I was safe and Im sure you will be too..Take care
    Last edited by BRAMBLE; 04-09-21 at 04:36. Reason: spelling

Thanks I have been masked around them but my husband had his down for part of the time. I was with my family more today and wore a mask the entire time I was inside or around others.

I am now home so I anxiously sit and pray that no symptoms show up. I was around my family in the last few days without a mask so hopefully things go ok. I do have lots of anxiety about waking up and either me or my husband is going to have symptoms and end up positive. It's been about 5 days since I have been around them without a mask. I have a persistent cough but that has always been there being a legal cannabis smoker. No temperature for either me nor my husband so fingers crossed we didn't pick up anything.

How are things now Goofygirl ? Hope youre a bit more settled now your back home..thinking of you

I am hanging in there. Anxiously waiting every day for symptoms to appear and pray that they don't. Honestly right now I feel until "enough" time has passed I can't properly grieve for my mom. It's been 10 days since we first saw my family. We were wearing masks that day and the next (we'll my husband didn't have his on the whole time) and it's been 6 days since the funeral. I was so worried to be around my family I sort of treated them like they had the plague at first. As the days went on I relaxed a little and didn't wear my mask around them so if course that worries me. I just hate the unknown and that's a big part of this whole situation. It's like I am notsure when I should be counting my days of "exposure " being around them. Like I said earlier they did have Covid but it was the beginning of August when my mom got sick that they were sick too. I keep seeing people who have tested positive say that they can come out of quarantine in 10 days bit I also keep hearing 14 days so I am so confused about how long it's contagious for. Also I was worried so much about catching it from objects. Like my mom's necklace that was given to me, or the quilt she was working on for me (my sister had it finished for me) and it was hanging from the casket at the funeral. Rationally I think that if it wasn't safe then they wouldn't have had it like that but my irrational fear takes over. I just want to get on the other side of the proper amount of days so I can get rid of this COVID fear. I just don't know what the correct amount of days is or which day to start counting from.

5 days from my last post and I am more nervous than I was before. Not sure why because I really don't have any symptoms other than an occasional cough that I have had for years. Its been 12 days since I first saw my family, 10 days from the funeral and 8 days from spending time with my family. I am struggling and it's becoming all consuming, I am hoping when the proper amount of time passes hopefully so will the anxiety but I don't know what the proper amount of days is and what to do in the mean time to not constantly take my temperature and scan my body for symptoms. As I seem to be obsessing over this the past few days.

I would give it a couple more days so that it's 10 days. In all honesty though I would think you would be showing signs that you have it by now. Hang on in there and try and keep busy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information