Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALS concerned

ALS concerned

having muscle twitches (and sometimes crawling feeling) in both legs, claves, thighs. very random. i notice in my arms sometimes too. been going on for 3 weeks. i noticed after adding running back into my routine.(ive since taken running back out) Googled muscle twitching. The first thing that comes up is ALS. ive been in a panic ever sense and basically have convinced myself i have it. I went to my Dr. he said twitching benign 99% of the time, but wouldnt completly rule out something more sever (like ALS) this did not help. He said he didnt feel the need for me to see a neurologist, but could if i wanted to. The next appt is two months away. Ive read in some cases muscle twitching can be the first sign. im going crazy. does anyone have similar symptoms, or can relate?

Re: ALS concerned

If you read through the threads here, you'll see a very familiar theme. The fact you're posting here indicates you know the real deal. Best to stay off Google and other forums 'Ace'.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Muscle twitching is benign 99% of the time? According to a neurologist I saw, about my own twitching, it is ALWAYS benign if not accompanied by clinical weakness.
    But I do relate to the fear. I have it. And it sucks.

searching takes you places, and more places, and more places. and i wish i knew the deal then maybe i wouldnt be losing sleep over it. Alot of conflicting articles etc.. can it start with twitching?? i told myself the other day to stay off google and the internet, but here i am again

what is your twitching like, and how do you fall alseep with them

My twiching has been non stop for nearly 8 months now pal, anxiety has made my whole body stiff. I done 200 calf raises the other day and now wondering why I cant move my left calf 🤣, sometimes I have big twiches, smalls ones, ones that feel like worms crawling . My neuro said im fine but do I believe him lol nope but hey, HA is so bad for me

are they constant through the day when you are sitting. I notice mine most when im trying to fall alseep which is the worst time. random spots but mostly legs. lasts a second. twitch, or crawl feeling

I am noticing a "I randomly exercised and now I am twitching" theme on recent threads...

I took a very long walk recently and when I got back and sat down, guess what happened? My quads, both of them, twitched violently! and continuously.

I timed it. It lasted 5 full minutes. And the next day, my quads felt weak. They weren't actually weak, I could still turn out a bunch of squats and lunges and take stairs two at a time. But they felt shaky, as you'd expect them to after a workout.

Given all the random "testing" we all seem to do because we're all HA sufferers, why couldn't it be the case that "random exercise" + "anxiety focusing our attention" + "a predisposition to twitch" explains all this?

As for the question, how do you sleep if you're twitching...

I find that meditating and consciously drawing my attention to my breath instead of my legs reduces my twitching significantly. the vaso-vagal response you get from deep breathing is also known to calm the central nervous system and "reset" it -- that's why drinking water cures the hiccups, which is just another form of twitching. the vagus nerve, one of your cranial nerves, is one of the longest that exits your brain, so it's like a direct link between your control center and the rest of you.
    But isn't that funny how that works (calm = less twitching)?

best of luck!!

true. i just cant get als out of my head. everytime you search it. twitching comes up. Dr thinks i have an iron deficiency but this is not calming my fears .

Restless leg syndrome

Dr thinks i have RLS due to low iron saturation. from my bloodwork done.
    twitching legs calves. crawling feeling. cant sleep because of it. any one else ?
    i still twitch randomly in other parts of my body. but mostly in the legs and calves.
    cant get ALS out of my mind though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information