As the title says, my son (20) told me today he has bad social anxiety. I kind of always knew this - he stays in a lot, doesn't have many or any friends, was always a quiet and shy person, even as a kid.
But he kind of made it official today by saying it to me. And he's wondering if there's anything he can take or do for it as it's really starting to get to him.
He's returning to university tomorrow and he's not looking forward to it. He spent the last year and a half doing all his college work from his bedroom as it was all online. But things are now returning to normal so everything is back on campus again.

I want to help him but I'm not sure how. I've never really had social anxiety myself, health anxiety is my demon. I'd rather not tell him to go to a doctor who will probably put him on some pharma medication and he said he doesn't want that either.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with social anxiety? Is there anything he can do to help himself? Any natural remedies that help it?
Looking for anything at all really because I don't know where to begin with it