Thread: A pain in the butt!

A pain in the butt!

Haemorrhoids... I need some reassurance please! I'm 40 years old and have just started having issues with haemorrhoids. I'm having my second flare up in about 6 weeks and OMG IT"S SO SORE! I didn't even get them when I had my kids. My diet is good, I exercise, drink 2L water a day etc so I have no idea why this is happening now.
    The first time it lasted about a week before it started to shrink. I'm about 4 days in now, I'm sure it has thrombosed and prolapsed (this happened last time too) and it hurts. No bleeding, so I'm lucky there.
    I'm hoping it just goes away on it's own like last time. I'm so embarrassed I haven't told my husband and haven't contacted my GP. If it's no better in a few days then I will have to call the GP but I'm dreading it.
    I just need some reassurance that this will sort itself out!
    Once this is sorted I'm going to try to do less sitting at work and I've also downloaded the NHS Squeezy app to work on my pelvic floor (which I feel is part of the problem).

Re: A pain in the butt!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger16 View Post
    Haemorrhoids... I need some reassurance please! I'm 40 years old and have just started having issues with haemorrhoids. I'm having my second flare up in about 6 weeks and OMG IT"S SO SORE! I didn't even get them when I had my kids. My diet is good, I exercise, drink 2L water a day etc so I have no idea why this is happening now.
    The first time it lasted about a week before it started to shrink. I'm about 4 days in now, I'm sure it has thrombosed and prolapsed (this happened last time too) and it hurts. No bleeding, so I'm lucky there.
    I'm hoping it just goes away on it's own like last time. I'm so embarrassed I haven't told my husband and haven't contacted my GP. If it's no better in a few days then I will have to call the GP but I'm dreading it.
    I just need some reassurance that this will sort itself out!
    Once this is sorted I'm going to try to do less sitting at work and I've also downloaded the NHS Squeezy app to work on my pelvic floor (which I feel is part of the problem).
    Hi

How are your issues with piles now? I’ve been dealing with internal piles for several weeks, I get on top of things and then strain and I’m back to square one again!!

It’s really stressful!

Thread Information