Thread: Black line under nail

Black line under nail

Ok so guys help me out pls … so I’m trying to be rational and trying to beat my anxiety and not over react 🙈 so ok Saturday morning I noticed a small black line in the middle of my thumb nail, so me thinking I’m beating my HA I decided to google what it was and obviously it’s scared me it said it was Melonoma cancer of the nail … so I panicked however I’ve tried to think calmly about it, it’s supposedly something call splinter henmorage it’s in the middle of my thumb nail and not started on the cuticle which I guess is a positive …. But I’m thinking do I ring the doctors or not, the sane part of me is thinking that the doctor will say just see if it grows out and the not so sane part of me is saying ring the doctor you’ve got the big C …the thing is o can’t remember me causing any injuries to the nail that’s why I’m more worried … so my question to
    You guys is that is splinter hemmorages as deadly as they made out to be online ?and you should I be contacting GP ASAP it’s literally a couple of millimetre long so don’t know if I’m overreacting 🙄

Re: Black line under nail

Hello, I don't know much about splinter hemorrhages but I had two bruised toenails last year. One was because I didn't know how to kick a football and I wasnt sure why the other one happened. Both fine now.

It's likely something like that, you might have knocked it without knowing etc. Whatever it is, it sounds like it's just happened - so don't worry. If it were me I'd probably check with the dr but depends on your situation. These types of melanoma are very very rare.

Thank you for your reply … called the doctors was getting anxious sent pictures and she said it’s something called melanonychia basically pigmentation and is quiet common in people of colour. She said the good news is it’s not starting from the cuticle as it was she would be worried but as it’s in the middle she said let’s just wait and watch if grows more in length or width I should contact them again but as of now not to worry, obviously I’m still worried sick about it. She said it should grow out with the nail. So obviously i googled it and it says the melanoncia needs to be diagnosed with a biopsy but my gp said nothing needs doing as of now only if it grows to the cuticle or spreads so now obviously I’m thinking it’s cancerous and they going to be late in diagnosing … can’t win, my husbands getting irritated with me now as well as he said if she even doubted it for a minute that it was serious she would have referred you straightaway but she’s not worried and she probably sees this day in day out as she said it’s very common with people
    Of my colour and she’s seen it before but obviously I can’t seem to see pass cancer … but at the moment I can’t really do much I guess and hopefully wish it grows with the nail as the doctor herself isn’t too worried 😫

Omg I have just noticed same on my thumb in the middle it's thin small and black doesn't start from cuticle but I'm going out my mind I really gooe you see this so you can tell me what happened next

Thread Information