Thread: funny eye thing and ideas

funny eye thing and ideas

hi
    sorry need to sound off
    last night i was driving home in dark and when i got into car my left eye felt like someone had just taken a photo of me ie had flash like light in eye but it didnt go was very aware of it kept blinkin started to panic lucky was near home phoned partner and he come and met me from car (sad i no ) had son with me so kept quiet got in eye still funny got double vision by now full blown panic on and my partner tried to say eyelash i no he was tryin to help but it really felt like he has given up on me - have been like this on/off for 4 yrs and he has up til now been great but recently feel he had enough - dont blame him anyway after while eye got back to normal but had head ache ever since and woke up with one have had bad cold for few weeks and got me down i suppose but today i feel down and panicky and have got to go out soon and will be drivin home in dark again tonight and worryin which i no will not help but dont no how to stop . i have improved alot over last few yrs but when ihave days like this i feel im back to where i started and i have had enough really dont want to be like this anymore fed up... sorry for rantin wonder if anyone else had similar thing with eye
    thanks
    dan

Re: funny eye thing and ideas

Have you any history of migraine headaches? That visual disturbance(I think it is termed "Aura", but not certain) is a frequent sympton. I occasionally get one, usually quite out of the blue, and remember how scary it is. It used to last about 30/40 minutes before the headache came on. Maybe it would help if you described it to your doctor.

Hiya, I've just come across your post and the same thing happened to me today in work!! Was sat at my desk and completely out of the blue my left eye went all blurry, the more I tried to ignore it the more I felt the panic rising. In the end my breathing started getting heavier and I kept thinking I was going blind in my one eye (ridic as it sounds now, was very real at the time) until I burst into tears and actually having the panic attack made it go away and then had a really bad headache!! Since that happened this afternoon I've been feeling anxious and scared its going to happen again! I went to my GP who prescribed me with antidepressants which made me gain a lot of weight so I stopped taking them but after todays episode I think I will start taking them again . One day I will feel normal!!

I’m glad somebody mentioned this. I get this sometimes, mainly in my right eye, seems to come on more when I am tired, but I never get headaches with them.

I hate having photos taken with flashes for the reason it does make me feel anxious.

Although it mainly happens during the day, I wish it would go away. I also notice it more when stressed.

I often get this when I am tired an anxious, epsecially when I have just had a panic attack and I feel really tired. They can become soooooo annoying and I get paranoid if people think I'm mad (my Dad takes the micky out of mad people by twitching his eye .... I blame him, lol)

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Thread Information