Thread: Waking same time every night to pee

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Waking same time every night to pee

Hi.

It's been a while since I posted here. Things have been a lot more settled with my health anxiety for a good 18 months or so. But a frightening symptom has appeared and I'm trying to rationalise the situation and not end up in a panic driven spin out again.

About two weeks ago, I woke up at 2am needing to pee. Got up, had a pee, went back to bed. The same thing happened the next night at 2am and has continued to happen since (give or take an hour) with the exception of a couple of nights. It's not like I'm waking up desperate to go to the bathroom, that's not it at all. When it started, it was like I was waking up and then a few seconds later I felt like I could do with a pee. Now, I'm waking up and on some level the anxiety kicks in and I'm freaking out that I'm needing the toilet again. I'm extremely worried that it's a sign of prostate cancer. I'm 47, a non smoker who doesn't drink and exercises a lot. In fact, I have recently upped my road cycling and part of me wonders if this might a part to play in my problem. I'm riding a new bike which has a very hard seat and is quite uncomfortable, even when I've finished riding. A colleague of mine said that you'd have to be unlucky to get PC at 47 but I think I heard that this is the age that men can start to get it.

It feels like the waking up in the night is now becoming a 'thing'...if I do wake up in the night how do I stop myself from immediately thinking "OH GOD!!! I'm awake AGAIN and needing to pee"

Is your bladder/peeing THAT affected by subconscious anxiety????? I hate this, I really do....I thought I had my health anxiety under some control but it just feels like I'm right back in it again.

Any thoughts or info from anyone who might have experienced similar would be really, really gratefully received.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dan21; 09-09-21 at 09:58.

Thread Information