Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waking same time every night to pee

Re: Waking same time every night to pee

That's what my GP said too.
    I didn't get poked this time
    Ultra sound instead.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So I spoke to my GP today and he prescribed dutasteride (Avodart).
    So there was a change in plans. My insurance refused the med as I would have to try another before the Avodart. Dr. prescribed finasteride (Propecia).... Hey, if it doesn't help my prostate, maybe I'll grow my hair back!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You can always hope
    Let me know how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    You can always hope
    Let me know how you go.
    BTW... added Saw Palmetto to my vitamin regime too (as per doctor's suggestion).

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Have you ever gone for a job interview, a date, or a hospital appointment and can't stop going for wee? That's the fight or flight response right there because the body is trying to purge everything that will hinder running or fighting, so urine, poo - food etc. And people who have anxiety disorders are anxious at night too..
    I often feel the need to urinate regularly when I am at my day centre, sometimes every 15 minutes on average. I have done various urine tests at my local GP practice during my periodical medicals and the doctors/nurses there couldn't find anything untoward.

At my previous day centre about 10 years or so ago I got into a massive argument with one of the other clients there who used to make patronising personal remarks to me about my frequent toilet visits. One day I lost it with him (verbally, not physically) and screamed at him loudly to 'get knotted' and to 'stop being such a bloody interfering busybody' and that one power-mad (male) staff member of whom I had endless fallouts with himself on several other occasions threatened to report me to the police if he ever caught me behaving like that again!

What? For being assertive against other clients who were essentially 'bullying' me?

Zero tolerance my backside!

I thought I'd jump in here because I can relate to the OP's situation. However I'm 56 and five years ago my doctor did the finger test and said my prostate was slightly enlarged but no more than is normal for a man my age. A PSA test was also normal.

Anyway lately I've become obsessed with peeing. I do have an increased urgency to go, like it will go from no urgency to 'where's the toilet?' pretty quickly. But I've noticed its become worse the more I've worried about it. For instance yesterday I was fixing up a roller blind for my Dad and was there maybe 6 hours but didn't need the toilet once, and had a glass of water plus two mugs of tea. And caffeine normally makes it worse, so I don't get that bit. Fixing up the blind proved problematic due to a lack of solid fixing material but I got there in the end.

So was my mind distracted? I've no idea. Oh and do pelvic floor exercises help? I'm assuming they might help prevent leaks but won't address the source.

I get the same thing FMP.
    Not thinking about it and I'm all good.
    The most annoying thing for me is every night just as I sit down to dinner I have to rush to the toilet.
    No idea why it happens then?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information