Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rabies fear

Re: Rabies fear

Hi BlueIris, the weird thing is that the rational side of me thinks that of course I would feel, just this morning I heard a large leaf falling above me and dodged it so it didn't land on my head. Unfortunately the questioning side says "What if you were focused on something else or were walking and didn't notice it".

Think of a bat as a furry pencil. It might not weigh much, but if it landed on you and bit you you'd definitely notice.

Thank you BlueIris, thinking about it this way it does seem unlikely that something bit me or even landed on me. I did also notice that the area which is scratched is just under where my mask strap sits so it is possible that it caused that area to itch and me to scratch it. However there will always be some thought in me that it could have been a bat, if not in that situation then in another which resulted in what is seen in the picture, it happens every time I go out anywhere. This time what has been and is currently causing me a slight anxious feeling is the shape of it as it looks like something biting down from the top and bottom but I understand even a scratch from myself could have any shape it's just that with that comes the feeling of it possibly being something dangerous and also the potential thought that something could have landed on my mask or near my mask with me thinking it was the actual mask.

I think I just have to learn to sit with the discomfort and be confident in what I have seen and felt and accept that certain things in life are going to go unexplained sometimes (random knocks and cuts) but currently it is still quite difficult.
    Last edited by Jamie123; 09-11-21 at 17:55.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information