Thread: Mesothelioma

Mesothelioma

So now I am scared for the company I worked for 15 years ago. We did demolition on old old buildings and I never knew to wear protection.
    Now I feel breathless which is partially anxiety but ye. Im scared that 1 year around asbestos and such just killed me. I know I had a lung ct 4 years back and it showed nothing (but maybe it was to early to be diagnosed. Or can the ct show it before symptoms?

Re: Mesothelioma

awww no comments worries me

Quote Originally Posted by SEANML View Post
    awww no comments worries me
    You mean no reassurance of baseless fears saddens you?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I was just concerned because I was around it for a year without protection. Just wanted some opinions if they thought it was possible to have caused it. And if the ct scans were enough when I was not having symptoms to show if I was going to get it in the future. Sorry about the hassle just if was brewing for so long it had to come out.

I was just concerned because I was around it for a year without protection. Just wanted some opinions if they thought it was possible to have caused it. And if the ct scans were enough when I was not having symptoms to show if I was going to get it in the future. Sorry about the hassle just if was brewing for so long it had to come out.
    I don’t know that anyone here is medically qualified to give you a for sure answer on that. I feel like if you’re that worried about it, then that’s a question for your doctor.

I’m not a medical professional, but I would think you’d need much more than one years exposure for serious repercussions. Again though I just don’t know for sure.

So now I am scared for the company I worked for 15 years ago. We did demolition on old old buildings and I never knew to wear protection.
    Now I feel breathless which is partially anxiety but ye. Im scared that 1 year around asbestos and such just killed me. I know I had a lung ct 4 years back and it showed nothing (but maybe it was to early to be diagnosed. Or can the ct show it before symptoms?

what were you doing on the job? We’re you demolishing places with like sledgehammer or with a machine? How many hours did you work a week? There are lots of unknowns. 1 year does not seem like a lot, but if you could answer those questions maybe people could get a better understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by wingo22 View Post
    what were you doing on the job? We’re you demolishing places with like sledgehammer or with a machine? How many hours did you work a week? There are lots of unknowns. 1 year does not seem like a lot, but if you could answer those questions maybe people could get a better understanding.
    I was in places closed in and houses, buildings . Jackhammer/sledge, tile chipper.14 hour work days 5 days a week. Machines were mainly used by the big boss. And I had a lung ct about 4 or 5 years ago. Before the breathless started.

Thread Information