Thread: 2nd vaccine worries

2nd vaccine worries

Hello everyone,

I received my first Moderna vaccine in the middle of July. I didn’t have too many immediate side effects, other than how I usually feel with my health anxiety (racing heart, dizzy). However, about a week after my vaccine I started experiencing severe headaches and started to kind of panic thinking maybe I was having a bad reaction. About a week later my son got extremely sick and tested positive for Covid. My husband and I tested a few days after his result and were both negative but now I’m starting to question whether or not my severe headaches a week after my vaccine was actually a mild case of Covid. I put off my 2nd vaccine because I was due to go for it while I was still isolating after my son’s positive test and also because the headaches were so severe I don’t want to experience them again, or anything worse. My husband felt pretty bad after his 2nd Pfizer and was bed ridden for a day. I have rebooked a few times but cancelled because of how nervous I am.

Last week one of my coworkers tested positive but was coming to work with symptoms for about a week before she got tested and now I’m really scared I could catch it since I’m not fully vaccinated. After she tested positive I took an at home rapid test which was negative and also went and had an antibody test this past weekend just out of curiosity which came back positive for antibodies. I know the antibody tests can’t really determine if you’ll be protected, but it did atleast ease some of my anxiety.

I feel like maybe I just need some reassurance from anyone who might have been in a similar situation and was hesitant to go back for the 2nd but then had a positive experience.

Re: 2nd vaccine worries

I have my second Pfizer booked for today and I’m so scared of the side effects. When I had my driest does it took me 5 attempts to have it done and then I felt sick and dizzy and had to sit outside ( probably anxiety ) but this time I heard the second dose effects are horrible and I don’t think I can go through with it , sorry I’m no help to you but wanted u to know ur not alone in how u feel xx

Re: 2nd vaccine worries

Both myself and husband had the second dose on Sunday. The only side effect I had was a sore arm and maybe I was a tad tired but I could have just been tired. My husband developed a fever the afternoon of the following day and a headache but the headache only lasted a few hours and by this morning his fever was gone. Even with the headache and fever he was fine, still up doing stuff etc.
    I know it’s hard, I put off having my first one because I was terrified of the potential risks and side effects but I regretted it because now the infection rates are sky high and I wasn’t protected. I figured it was the lesser of two evils and whatever side effects if any the vaccine would give me getting COVID would be A LOT worse.

Thread Information