Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye twitching for several days, do not want to google

Eye twitching for several days, do not want to google

Hello to all,

Few days ago the lower lid , under my right eye, started twitching. I did not pay a lot of attention, because, like everyone else, it happened to me before, and it passes. However, this has been at least 3 or 4 days now. Sometimes i can feel it , it is uncomfortable, and there are periods in a day when I cannot feel it, but if I look in the mirror, I can actually see it! I am scared , but I really do not want to Google. I also do not know how to stop it and it is not pleasant at all. There were few nights this week where I could not sleep ( I was very nervous and upset about something), so I thought the lack of sleep may be the reason for twitching. Last night, however, I slept well, and it is twitching this morning as well. I have no idea if it has anything to do with a freckle that an eye doctor diagnosed me with, my right eye, few weeks ago, but I do not believe it would be connected. Regardless, I am very scared, and it is very bothersome too. Any piece of advice, word of comfort, or suggestion, would be highly appreciated. I am relatively healthy, 60 years old, and I did have brain MRI three years ago for my carpal tunnel issues, and that was normal. Please help, and thanks in advance
    Last edited by Lana; 10-09-21 at 13:20. Reason: typo

Re: Eye twitching for several days, do not want to google

I would say it's probably still related to having a period of reduced sleep. When I have a run of bad sleeping, one good night doesn't seem to make up for it, it takes a few.

Thank you Catkins for your reply.

It still goes on, I am getting myself at this point, into panic. If anybody has more info on this, I would highly appreciate.

Do I need to see a doctor? I am scared.

No you don't need to see a doctor. Twitching can go on for weeks and then suddenly resolve. It happens to me and to my daughter. It's a common anxiety sensation and is insignificant. You have to believe this though? There is no point in asking for advice unless you try to process it and believe what other people tell you.

Dear Pulisa,

Thank you so much, you are always , at least for me, very comforting. I appreciate your response, I am calming down.

I also started seeing some bruises ( mostly on my legs, and sometimes arms), that I absolutely do not remember to have banged myself. I worry about that a little bit too, but I had a full bloodwork/metabolic panel done in March this year, and that was all normal ( for some reason I believe that one cannot get a raging leukemia that quickly, LOL). I guess as a woman who just turned sixty, it is much easier to bruise...Oh well...
    Thank you again.

Lana dear, you are fine. I've had eye twitches last for weeks, its never been anything more than annoying. My son had both eyes twitching, it was driving him crazy, it went on a few weeks and stopped. No idea exactly why it happens but its very common and I have never heard it was anything serious.

I am 61 I see random bruises too, not a clue where they came from but again, they come and go, they mean nothing. I did have a bruise on my breast, kind of freaked me out because you would absolutely know hitting your breast hard enough to bruise.. nope...I had no clue. It eventually went away.

Our bodies do some very odd things that mean nothing.

I'm 62 so know how hard it is to keep a check on HA when we're made to believe that we are in the firing line for all sorts of nasty diseases..

I don't really think about my age..I probably should but I prefer not to!! We're all younger than Madonna though!!

I think it's important to be aware of red flag symptoms but apart from that, I think it's best to try not to overanalyse every sensation/pain and to keep doctor visits to essential only.

I had a random bout of 'eyelid twitching' that lasted for weeks on end. Optician (lovely young man) informed me that my tear ducts were blocked and to use a warm flannel a few times a day. I also made sure that I removed all of my mascara instead of going to bed with it on. Oops!

My eye has been twitching the last couple of days too - I think it's a pretty common anxiety/stress symptom, I really wouldn't worry

Guys, Pulisa, Nora, Nancy, Malanixon,

Thank you all, so much, I feel closer to some of the people on this Forum, than to some of my "friends" of many years.

Love to you all,

Lana
    Last edited by Lana; 12-09-21 at 19:53.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information