Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eye twitching for several days, do not want to google

Re: Eye twitching for several days, do not want to google

Just want to add that, however, from last night, when I am not moving, I am twitching all over my body ( legs, arms). I am just hoping this is now happening because I worked myself up about the eye twitching. But regardless - I am scared. The more scared I am, the more I twitch. Everywhere ( left leg, both arms...) I am very sad. I will just hope this will pass.

Hey Lana, I currently have a twitch in my lower left eye lid going into week 4! I believe it’s down to lack of sleep and stress etc. Some days it barely comes on and others it is constant. I’ve noticed the more I think of it it twitches more and when I’m busy it doesn’t, the first week I got a bit worried and just like you other parts of my body started twitching but I know it’s just anxiety! Warm compress helps me a lot. Try not to worry about it and keep busy, soon you will notice it starting to get better and the completely go!

ShaunRyder,

Thank you so much - oh my God, you helped me so much saying that at some point you also started twitching in other parts of your body! Oh my God, last night I could not fall asleep until 3 am - I know deep inside it is from overwhelming anxiety and fear , but every time I would start falling asleep ( I was exhausted), either my calf would twitch, or somewhere in my arm, or some third place on my body! At about two am , I was so beside myself, I started sobbing, and was just sitting in my bed, crying...I was alone in my bed, because my husband was busy doing something in our basement, and simply fell asleep there. My son was not at home, so I was alone with my witches and panic and dark thoughts, I just felt that something really sinister is starting to happen....I have been suffering from the anxiety, health anxiety and in the past several years, clinical OCD. I do not know how to help myself any more ( I had therapy for years, but every relief was short lived). I also gave up on medication, because I would fear all the time about long term side effects....
    Last edited by Lana; 12-09-21 at 19:07. Reason: typo

Body twitches are more noticeable when you're resting, Lana.

How can you help yourself? You've ruled out therapy because you've had your fill of that and you don't want to take meds. Personally I think it's a question of mental response. You react with fear and panic..What if you just thought "Bring it on..I don't care anymore. Do your worst." Learning to turn the panic dial down from intense to less intense to moderate to low? It would be a real challenge but ultimately you're aiming for a "so what?" response to bog standard anxiety symptoms.

Instead of heading straight to Dr Google, panic and a thread on here asking for reassurance..why not start by learning about all the classic anxiety symptoms which can be persistent yet which are completely benign?

I was thinking of trying just what you suggested Pulisa. I will. This week has been extremely hard on me, though, because I had my mother in law visiting, and at this point my germphobia is so bad, that I can not relax if there is someone in my house other than my husband, my son and me. It is real torture.

I just want not to feel this miserable.

When is she leaving? I'm sure the stress of the visit will be behind the twitching. I hope you get your house back really soon. It must be a huge strain on you and I can understand how miserable you must feel..

Pulisa,

She just left. I have a special UVA light vacuum that sanitizes so I just wanted to clean a little bit, because we do not wear outside shoes in the house, but she kept on walking around in her shoes, and it gave me huge anxiety. But my husband who is probably fed up with my mental issues, snapped at me and said that what I was doing was senseless. I said that it was going to take just few minutes, and he said: but I am watching football, and I just broke down and started sobbing... I am so miserable, I do not know what to do any more, and I feel so lonely.

I am supposed to see my optometrist tomorrow, because I need new glasses and stuff, and I will talk to him about the week of lower eyelid twitching, since he will see it anyway. I just need to know that the rest of the twitching that started after I had gotten upset about the eyelid, is simply my anxiety doing that. Thank you again for all your support, it means world to me.

Twitching all over the body is very common with anxiety. There are so many references to it on here where people fear the worst ie neuro disease. It's an uncomfortable sensation which gets more pronounced the more you focus on it and yes..the twitches can be widespread but benign.

Let the optometrist do an eye test tomorrow for the new prescription. He will be able to talk you through your fears much better than Dr Google or anyone on here x

Hey
    Last year i had a twitchy eye lid upper left that lasted for four months! I called my GP in a a panic convinced, I had MND needless to say she reassured me it was almost certainly related to stress. Try and not to focus on it too much..... easier said than done I know, us health anxiety sufferers are super sensitive to what are 99% normal bodily functions. now i just ignore the pesky twitch . You can try a warm compress on it, that often helps. Mine did settle. They are so common and go away by themselves. Let us know how you get on xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth57 View Post
    i just ignore the pesky twitch
    Exactly. I've had a twitch in my elbow for about two weeks. Annoying? yes. Sinister? Not in the least... Eh...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information