Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eye twitching for several days, do not want to google

Re: Eye twitching for several days, do not want to google

jojo2316 Yes, basically, that is what had happened.

In the meantime, my doctor of more than 15 years, who is internist, saw me today. All I can say is: he was "politely dismissive" . That is what I was actually hoping to get, and luckily, I trust him very much.

He said that eye twitching happens, and one can never know truly why, and how long it may last. He told me as well it happens to him pretty often.

After I mentioned getting random twitches all over, he said that I am hyperfocusing, and that this alone means literally nothing. Once you stop focusing on your eye, and relax and forget about it, it will stop, because that is how it works, added he.

I asked if he thought I needed any tests at all, he said: No. Then I asked if he needs to just test my reflexes right there, and he said: No. AT the end I said: Do you remember my EMG and nerve study two years ago, and do you think this would have picked something alarming then? He said : Yes.

Told me again to try not to focus on it, to try to relax. He also said that my eye tests appointment three days ago, which was all normal, is additional proof nothing is wrong.

I know he would have not just let me go if he thought anything needed any tests.

So, that is it for now. I am hoping the eye will stop soon. I just want this all he said to sink in.

Thank you guys, again.

Be assertive with yourself, Lana? Not "that is it for now" but "that is it".

Your doctor didn't really tell you anything that hasn't already been said on here but I get that you prefer a professional and trusted assessment to opinions from a bunch of randoms on here..

Enjoy the sinking in process and remember that you are fine and have passed his test which means everything to you. Think of that if any doubts start to creep in which they may well do with HA but they are just intrusive thoughts which can be considered but rejected.

Ok, Pulisa, you are 100 % right. I am saying: That is it! I will fight this horrible anxiety as much as possible, and I will start walking out more, instead of sitting and browsing symptoms.

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

I went today through a few of my medical charts , because I wanted to look again into my chart when EMG was done two years ago on my arms, after which I was diagnosed by a neurologist with bi-lateral carpal tunnel syndrome. I also wanted top read again my doctor's notes from last Friday, where he , as I saw , after my visit, wrote: Benign Fasciculations, reassured patient. That is when I started counting: in a little more than a year I was at the doctor's office for more than 20 times!!! I lost the count.
    My doctor ( internist) several times; another 4 medical practitioners in that same clinic, several times, two of which were MDs and two PAs; my dermatologist, several times; my gynecologist 2 times; ortho doctor two times. I am not counting multiple dentist's visits. So, within a year, definitely more than 20 times . Many tests performed too, including spine x ray, extensive blood and metabolic panel, comprehensive eye exam, and so on and so on...All of a sudden, I was faced with the reality of the magnitude of my anxiety and OCD.

My eyelid is still twitching, true; but I also now know that during these 20+ visits to various doctors, one of them ( at least), would have noticed if something was seriously wrong with me ( other than mentally wrong). How is a person to go on like this in life? What does it take to calm down? I am at a loss.
    Last edited by Lana; 20-09-21 at 18:23.

You will have to discipline yourself not to reach for the phone and make an appointment every time you google and come up with a sinister reason for a perceived issue you think you have.

Stick to red flag symptoms only.

Never google.

Don't throw money at your HA. Save it for when you really need it..and you will know if and when you do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information