Thread: What is the longest time you have had a fever when you were sick?

Question What is the longest time you have had a fever when you were sick?

I am going on Day 7. It started on Sunday Evening 9/5. I had a massive headache, chills, night sweats (drenched bed), loss of appetite and fever. I was reading online and it says that if you have a fever longer than 3 days to go to the doctor. I went to Urgent Care 9/8 requesting UTI check. I had some personal reasons why I thought I might of had that. They tested for UTI and it came back negative. Culture came back negative. They suggested to get a Covid test so I did. I got the best one out there, PCR and it came back negative. I had the chills again last night, so I went again to the Urgent Care. They tested for the flu, negative. I also let my PCP know what is going on and he and his NP said that they are booked out and if your symptoms are getting worse to go back to Urgent Care or ER. I have been told if your symptoms are getting better then you should be on the road to recovery ... My thing is that my headache did go away, I have gained a little bit of my appetite back, and I haven't really had the night sweats, I mean maybe just a little if I put a light blanket on. I have for the past two days gone on a 15 minute walk every slowly outside. Did not do that today however, I did get some sleep during the day which was nice. First couple of nights I got zero sleep, and the past couple of nights I have been getting some sleep.

I just can't kick this fever though. I think it is just low grade. Never got to 102. Usually 100.(something), sometimes 101, and sometimes 99.(something). And now my stomach is making all the noises in the world non stop. I had some toast, pickle, and some apple sauce and it sounds like an orchestra of noises going on in my stomach.

What is the longest you have had a fever? I mean my own father one time had a fever for a month... I think it was the flu. I don't think I have ever been sick this long before.

I am thinking this is the stomach bug/stomach flu. Any ideas?

Re: What is the longest time you have had a fever when you were sick?

Definitely sounds like some kind of virus, but that you are on the mend. It's just going to take a while, as your body is still clearing out the last of it. I had a mystery virus last year, and I think I had about five days of fever, up and down, so seven is not that much of a stretch.

I had a fever for 2 and a half weeks once (low grade) thought it’d never go away! But it did. I’m sure yours will too xx

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky16 View Post
    Definitely sounds like some kind of virus, but that you are on the mend. It's just going to take a while, as your body is still clearing out the last of it. I had a mystery virus last year, and I think I had about five days of fever, up and down, so seven is not that much of a stretch.
    Well I am going on day 9 now with a low grade fever. I don't think I ever see my fever get to 101 the past couple of days. I mean I did just get out of a long hot shower and it was 100.7. I had regular stools somewhat and not diarrhea this morning however, my stool seemed a little dark to me, maybe a very very dark brown. I had greenish dark brown diarrhea one time. I have not vomited one time. This is mystery virus for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalSprite View Post
    I had a fever for 2 and a half weeks once (low grade) thought it’d never go away! But it did. I’m sure yours will too xx
    Thank you for letting me know this. Knowing this is comforting. I am on day 9 now. Low Grade. My friend's wife had something as well and was checked with covid and she doesn't have covid as well. Just like the pharmacist associated said, there might be something else going around as well.

Does anyone else have some stores to share?

Thread Information