Thread: I have Covid

I have Covid

I found out on Monday that I have Covid. Thankfully I haven’t had much of any symptoms besides minor aches and loss of smell/taste. Losing my smell has sent me into complete panic because I heard if you lose it to Covid it take a while to come back if at all. I haven’t been able to sleep due to worrying over this. Anyone have any tips to restore smell/taste after Covid? Thanks

Re: I have Covid

Sorry to hear that, glad to hear your symptoms are mild. I have to be honest, I lost my sense of smell and taste on day 3, it took 2 1/2 months until it started to come back. When it did, I smelled random weird things like cat litter and cabbage. These distorted smells lasted for a few weeks and one glorious morning I could taste my coffee. Im not sure how to speed up the process of it returning and from time to time some foods still taste bland. Hope it does not last long for you.

when our work had it last year ( not me thankfully), they have all sworn by zonc supplements to get smell & taste back x

Glad to hear your symptoms are mild. My taste was only a teeny bit dulled when I had covid (I ordered a vindaloo curry and it tasted like a korma!) But my boyfriend lost his and it came back after a week. It takes a long time for some people but not everyone!

I lost mine for 2 weeks but 2 months later I did develop parosmia which is distorted taste and smell but apparently that is rare. As above, zinc is supposed to help. I used a steroid nasal spray which seemed to help. Hopefully you will get it back soon. Its so weird isn't it!

Hey I’m back to update. Almost a month later and I’m JUST starting to get some taste and smell back. Thankful that it’s coming back, hopefully it return fully. I don’t know why I just knew I would be one of the ones that struggle to get it back. 😩

Good to hear! Mine was completely gone for 2 1/2 months. I'll be 1 year post covid in 1 month and there are still things that taste bland.

Thread Information