Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Are there exemptions from the "in sickness and in health" bit?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There shouldn't be ?
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Perhaps there was an asterisk by the sickness bit, with I will only contact you by mobile then spend the rest of the time bleating on a website about how unfair life is due to a self imposed choice, whilst demanding everyone else in the world put themselves out to protect him?

I'll be honest: everyone only has one choice about this - mask wearing or vaccination, the alternative is run the risk of getting covid.

And seriously, covid is not a fun thing, I have seen people at work in a bad way with it.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    And seriously, covid is not a fun thing, I have seen people at work in a bad way with it.
    Exactly. IMO there are too many out there who think they can just get covid and have immunity and scrap the vax altogether. Problem is, there is a serious risk of long-term side effects with covid that the vaccine just doesn't have, plus you can absolutely still catch covid again after recovering, and again, and again.

Nothing is ever 100%, life just doesn't work that way, but the vax is safe and a much, much better alternative to getting sick and hoping you have some semblance of immunity. Heck, we've had people, young people, go to covid parties here with the idea that they would catch it and get better - many did not in fact get better. Some didn't survive at all.

And honestly, this thing isn't going to pack up and go away until we get to a high level of herd immunity, and the best way to do that is via vaccine. I think you all over in the UK are much, much closer to it than we are over here.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I have a colleague who had a bad reaction to the vaccine and her daughter (in her twenties) was left VERY ill with the rare heart complication - and they STILL had the second vaccine and survived it...

I always work on the assumption that if I react to a vaccine I wouldn't have a great outcome from the illness. Maybe not true but it feels reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Perhaps there was an asterisk by the sickness bit, with I will only contact you by mobile then spend the rest of the time bleating on a website about how unfair life is due to a self imposed choice, whilst demanding everyone else in the world put themselves out to protect him?
    Heh.

I'm reminded of the Half Man Half Biscuit song "Surging Out Of Convalescence":

And if I get to heaven’s gate
    I’ll doubtless have to wait
    While St Peter investigates the inevitable asterisk

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes you make a good point. I am still worried though as she says her nose is bunged up and they mention breathing issues? We are going to order some vapor rub. But you do read of younger people getting ill by vaccine or the virus so it’s still a worry. I guess there is no easy answer. Like I say even with a vaccine I do worry about myself and others. I worry less once someone gets it and recovers as chance of reinfection is lower. Hopefully longer than six months be good if it’s life time protection
    I can’t make that worry go away, Phil. It’s just a reality you’re going to have to deal with for the next week or so. I’ve had to do it several times, I’ve endured Covid itself. Many of us on this forum, which remember is designed for people who struggle with mental health relating to physical illness, have “worried” after a visit from this virus.

It’s now about accepting it and reassuring yourself as best you can. Your wife has had one vaccine dose, this will offer some protection. She’s young, fit and relatively healthy I assume. Her risk of a severe outcome is very low. You said it yourself. Yes, it’s a worry, but it shouldn’t consume you. Just ride out the storm and be there for your wife. It’s literally the least you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I think you all over in the UK are much, much closer to it than we are over here.
    I'm not so sure - I think we may now be hitting "the resistance".

We're having a small* crisis in elderly care at the moment as many carers are now resigning from their positions rather than face compulsory vaccination.

I mean, WT actual F?

The bottom line here is wish Phil's wife healing and hope that Phil don't get it and if he does, it won't be serious. Based on his extensive history, we all know there's nothing else that can be said nor can any amount of reassurance quell the worry. There are solutions (for COVID and anxiety) but he's made his bed and has to lay in it.

Best wishes to your wife Phil. I hope you find a way to cope.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information