Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You're right, Davey. It's often the best way. We've got enough stress to deal with without more from disputes. You've got a very mature attitude.
    As have you 😊

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Is Phil the male Helenhoo?
    I caught some flack for referring to another member in this way. It's not the person themselves being referred to but the pattern of the illness that is so strikingly similar. In this case we see someone using several different talking points to garner attention. From COVID to gambling and now, reviving old threads, some of which are several years old. Again, one only need take the time to review the history to see the pattern and reality. I get it. Maybe that one reply or suggestion will be the one that turns on the light and helps. I felt that way myself as evidenced in the amount of time and posts in response to the OP in the past, but you can't turn on a light where there is no bulb. I also get that its best to just put the user on ignore and move on. But mark my words, and if I'm wrong, (and I'll take the "told ya so's" en mass and to heart), nothing will change. The pattern exhibited here and on other sites for the last decade+ will continue and there will always be someone to feed the OP's dragon long after I and many others are gone from this earth.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Please no personal insults though. It is against the forum rules.

Phil does what he wants so please just move on rather than comment if you know that nothing will come of it.

Thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My mum came back from a cruise she has covid. She pooped into my house for 5 minutes tonight with some food I wasn’t too close to her but she was in the living room I fear she could have spread it?

Unlikely, Phil. Besides which, despite your fears there's been enough anecdotal evidence on here suggesting that the most likely outcome were you to contract it (which again, I stress is very unlikely) will be little more than the snuffles for a few days and maybe a headache.

Put it this way, Phil: in Christmas 2020 I spent several hours round my sister's house for Christmas dinner. She had the original version of Covid at the time and chose not to tell me. I never caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Unlikely, Phil. Besides which, despite your fears there's been enough anecdotal evidence on here suggesting that the most likely outcome were you to contract it (which again, I stress is very unlikely) will be little more than the snuffles for a few days and maybe a headache.

Put it this way, Phil: in Christmas 2020 I spent several hours round my sister's house for Christmas dinner. She had the original version of Covid at the time and chose not to tell me. I never caught it.
    Thanks don’t get me wrong been round work people who had it but I think when you have chronic anxiety it’s another worry. I guess I just have to try and relax.

Why did she have to bring you food if she has covid? I presume she knows you are unvaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks don’t get me wrong been round work people who had it but I think when you have chronic anxiety it’s another worry. I guess I just have to try and relax.
    You're probably one of the lucky ones who will never pick it up despite all your anxiety about catching it?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes, you do. C'mon Phil, I've had anxiety issues for over 45 years, I know what it's like.

Remember, Phil - worry about real, current problems, not "what ifs" - those "what ifs" have ruined my entire adult life so for pity's sake don't follow in my footsteps: do you really want to be sat alone in your house aged 57 worrying about every single sensation, pain, fear? Because I can tell you Phil, it's no fun.

Don't be like me.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why did she have to bring you food if she has covid? I presume she knows you are unvaccinated?
    She Tested after it but she had a suspected cold

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread Information