Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Is this more about the fear of a return of your agoraphobia though, Phil? Having to self-isolate must bring back some bad memories? Being unvaxxed won't force you to be a prisoner in your house forever though. You may not be able to travel abroad without being subjected to a swab test but is that the end of the world? You are worried about travel in normal circumstances..so being unvaxxed gives you an excuse not to feel compelled to complete your bucket list before you are "too old"?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is this more about the fear of a return of your agoraphobia though, Phil? Having to self-isolate must bring back some bad memories? Being unvaxxed won't force you to be a prisoner in your house forever though. You may not be able to travel abroad without being subjected to a swab test but is that the end of the world? You are worried about travel in normal circumstances..so being unvaxxed gives you an excuse not to feel compelled to complete your bucket list before you are "too old"?
    Yes I am sure it does. Thing is there is little advice on if people say had a reaction to a first dose like my wife seems very little exemptions right now. And I would hope the saliva test can be accepted I mean testing isn’t ideal but if that was only way then maybe that’s better than not going. But I mean say in 2040 or 2050 surely we will still not be wearing masks and testing? We got through Spanish flu? We often see sometimes these rules go as quick as they came like masks in England. In terms of the face shield it’s gave me foggy eyes at times after I take it off like a glare or mist could be over phone usage but I can’t imagine wearing this all day breathing with these masks or shields also an issue. That’s just my experience as I can’t wear masks.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I hope you are right about herd immunity they said today on GB News the future may be vaccine breakthroughs or reinfectons so the rest may have some immunity question is how low do you think cases can go?
    I think GB News needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, Phil.

Whilst I 100% agree that as far as Covid is concerned we should still be remainng as vigilant as possible, I think some media outlets still seem to be intent on overplaying sensationalist Armageddon-type scenarios.

If you told me I had to have UK trips for say 5-10 years and I could travel as normal by 2030 I would be more relaxed but I hate the term new normal. We all know many security things have stuck around past 20 years at airports so I worry these rules like masks or tests could stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I think GB News needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, Phil.

Whilst I 100% agree that as far as Covid is concerned we should still be remainng as vigilant as possible, I think some media outlets still seem to be intent on overplaying sensationalist Armageddon-type scenarios.
    Do you see another peak or cases levelling off and staying low? I mean if numbers surge again it’s just more restrictions isn’t it?

So, you won't even wear a face shield as it gets foggy.....for goodness sake ! (Not that they are effective anyway)
    Last edited by Carys; 17-09-21 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    So, you won't even wear a face shield as it gets foggy.....for goodness sake !
    The shield doesn’t get foggy my eyes get misty or foggy once I removed it after say ten mins wondering if it’s the shield causing it

It says anxiety can be a cause

When we are severely stressed and anxious, high levels of adrenaline in the body can cause pressure on the eyes, resulting in blurred vision. People with long-term anxiety can suffer from eye strain during the day on a regular basis.”

Honestly it’s been well proven face shields do nothing more than preventing your droplets from spraying out in front of you if you sneeze or cough. They absolutely don’t protect you from inhaling the germs around you. Shoot, I hate face masks with a passion. It’s hard to breathe and they’re hot. At the beginning of the pandemic I had daily anxiety wearing one. But I forced myself to do it and now I hardly notice it anymore - except right now because I’m stuffy headed so that makes it worse lol. But this isn’t a discussion about masks or shields. This is a discussion about your inability to see the world in any way other than how you want to view it, and how it will affect your daily life. I’m not sure how anyone on this forum can help you with that, Phil. I’m sorry life is so hard for you right now and wish I had words of wisdom to help you. I think this help has to come from within though. No amount of posting on this forum with the same questions over and over again will give you the answers you are seeking - because no one has them, not even the experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    But I also remember kids my age who weren't in school because they'd been crippled by polio, or who died of smallpox.

If we'd had the Internet back then, my guess is we'd still have the illnesses too.
    AMEN 1000 TIMES!!

What the internet has contributed to this pandemic is the absolute worst of social media.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread Information