Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks so where do we go from here can I go to a house party or a trip abroad or a gig? How long should I be avoiding this stuff for sorry to divert off topic but that’s been 2 years of my life I have barely left my own town? I don’t know how big a risk it would be to me?
    I appreciate that you cannot tolerate living with uncertainty. Neither can my adult children but there comes a stage where you have to accept that no one on earth can answer your questions nor can anyone satisfy your need to be given definitive boundaries as to when Covid will "end".

The fact now is that your wife is ill and her parents will expect you to care for her. This means putting her first. It will be hard for you to do this but you are her husband and she is relying on you. She won't want to hear about your worries. It's about her not you. You have to get through her illness without bemoaning the fact that you have lost 2 years of your life to Covid...We all have suffered, some much more than others but you won't be concerned about that of course.

i hope your wife is ok and soon over the worst of it. You'll survive, Phil...It's always the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I appreciate that you cannot tolerate living with uncertainty. Neither can my adult children but there comes a stage where you have to accept that no one on earth can answer your questions nor can anyone satisfy your need to be given definitive boundaries as to when Covid will "end".

The fact now is that your wife is ill and her parents will expect you to care for her. This means putting her first. It will be hard for you to do this but you are her husband and she is relying on you. She won't want to hear about your worries. It's about her not you. You have to get through her illness without bemoaning the fact that you have lost 2 years of your life to Covid...We all have suffered, some much more than others but you won't be concerned about that of course.

i hope your wife is ok and soon over the worst of it. You'll survive, Phil...It's always the way.
    Sorry if u sounded selfish I know millions have lost 2 years which is awful I want everybody to live free again but seems no end to pandemic. Life is never same but feels so much more unsafe with COVID. Going to a shop is a risk I am sick of being scared to do stuff obviously a bad choice was made and she got covid someone spread it outside. You hear people who don’t isolate so it’s spreads right?

Sorry if u sounded selfish I know millions have lost 2 years which is awful I want everybody to live free again but seems no end to pandemic. Life is never same but feels so much more unsafe with COVID. Going to a shop is a risk I am sick of being scared to do stuff obviously a bad choice was made and she got covid someone spread it outside. You hear people who don’t isolate so it’s spreads right?
    The tough thing with Covid is that it can spread asymptomatically. That hasn’t happened with most other viruses. Usually you’re not spreading something until you have symptoms. Not so much the case with Covid, which is why it’s spread so lightening fast across the globe. That’s why distancing and masking are preached even with the vaccines at hand. No, it doesn’t work 100% of the time, but it does help to limit the amount of viral load we may come in contact with at any given point.

Personally I wouldn't entertain any party bearing in mind what has happened with your wife and going into the flu season. I know it's annoying Phil but it's just the way it is. The likelihood of being in a lockdown is probable around that time.

Phil, we've all suffered and we have all got to make the most of the life that we are now presented with.

There are pleasurable things that we can do, we can still have enjoyable lives. Yes we have to mitigate the risk, we have to be cautious in certain situations and yes things are not what they once were, but we are still here and humans have adapted to change many times over the centuries.

Look after your wife now and concentrate on what you can do going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Personally I wouldn't entertain any party bearing in mind what has happened with your wife and going into the flu season. I know it's annoying Phil but it's just the way it is. The likelihood of being in a lockdown is probable around that time.
    I arranged ten pin bowling for my birthday I could see friends then or is that not safe either?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Phil, we've all suffered and we have all got to make the most of the life that we are now presented with.

There are pleasurable things that we can do, we can still have enjoyable lives. Yes we have to mitigate the risk, we have to be cautious in certain situations and yes things are not what they once were, but we are still here and humans have adapted to change many times over the centuries.

Look after your wife now and concentrate on what you can do going forward.
    Thanks Will this covid stuff get easier and pandemic end though?

Thanks so where do we go from here can I go to a house party or a trip abroad or a gig? How long should I be avoiding this stuff for sorry to divert off topic but that’s been 2 years of my life I have barely left my own town? I don’t know how big a risk it would be to me?
    I mean we can all make these decisions ourselves but it's up to us to think about both what we are happy with and what is best for our communities. I am double vaxxed and covid recovered.

If I went to a house party (not sure if I would) I wouldn't go out to any public places for at least 5 days, and would only meet friends and family if they were aware I'd been to a party.

I'd do the same if I went to a busy gig, but might be a bit more relaxed if I went to an outdoor/ spread out gig.

I would travel abroad now I'm vaxxed, but the destination would depend on a few things.

I also test before I meet anyone and a few times if I am going to see my vulnerable gran.

I'm not too anxious about myself now, but I don't want to get a mild case and pass it onto anyone. This is what I feel comfortable with given the level of antibodies I have and how I think I can live my life a little but also keep people safe. I would definitely do less if I wasn't vaxxed and probably also less if I hadn't already had it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCyril View Post
    The amount of hysteria in this thread. Wow... Just WOW! Jokes aside; I hope your wife's okay, phil, and I hope you're okay, dude.

All the best

-MC
    Thanks I know some people say avoid stuff if u had no vax but I believe 7-10 million in UK never got it or even never got a 2nd dose so life has to go on. I can’t handle every year never going to a gig or holiday again. My wife having had it is ok to travel but I like I say would rather not know. But yes I want to be careful but at some point I had to do stuff I went to my first funeral and got house valuation. Doing more could risk my health but staying in bad for mental health no win.

Thanks Will this covid stuff get easier and pandemic end though?
    If I find my crystal ball I'll let you know.

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information