Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    like I say would rather not know.
    Why not ?

Thanks I know some people say avoid stuff if u had no vax but I believe 7-10 million in UK never got it or even never got a 2nd dose so life has to go on. I can’t handle every year never going to a gig or holiday again. My wife having had it is ok to travel but I like I say would rather not know. But yes I want to be careful but at some point I had to do stuff I went to my first funeral and got house valuation. Doing more could risk my health but staying in bad for mental health no win.
    Less than that now, nearly 90% of the over 16 population have had one jab, 81% both, around 3 million are unvaxed for various reasons, some just haven't got round to it, some can't have it, and some like yourself choose not to have it.
    Latest research from Canada and Spain show around 80% in intensive care now have not been vaccinated, the 20% who had a vaccine (either 1 or 2), 75% of them had chronic underlying conditions. Which shows even one dose of vaccine significantly improves your chances of avoiding serious illness.

Myself, I'm double jabbed, as is my other half. I've been to a festival/gig for 3 days with around 17k people attending a few weeks ago, and will be off down to Devon for a weeks holiday next week.

You've made your choice over vaccination, and you won't wear a mask, (it was pointless for you to wear a face shield now your wife has it, as they reduce spread from infected, they do not protect against infection). I'm sorry your wife has covid, but all we seem to hear from you on this thread is me me me, and now you're moaning about how your life is restricted through your own life choices. Grow up, you're an adult, not some whining child.

No doubt you will ignore the above, as you usually do, when someone doesn't pander to your self-important needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCyril View Post
    Just look after your immune system and (more than likely) you will be more than fine. It's messed up how the government isn't telling people this. It only takes a few taps on a keyboard and a mouse click to know how to look after yourselves these days.

Phil, it's your choice whether you go ten bowling with your friends for your birthday. It's a bit different to a party. You have to maintain some living and normality in life. Like you say, not good for your mental health. I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Phil, it's your choice whether you go ten bowling with your friends for your birthday. It's a bit different to a party. You have to maintain some living and normality in life. Like you say, not good for your mental health. I agree with that.
    I think you said maybe 2023 for they being over but I can’t cope with this being life forever. If I am too scared to do anything what’s the point? I can hold out a bit but if this is the same every year I really hate it..

LOL. No research. I have something called intuition. Maybe look into it sometime? Instead of believing everything, somebody you don't know, tells you.
    What like a professor, who's spent most of his working life studying viruses that affect the lungs?

I had been googling covid symptoms all day and been anxious again. Temp checked about six times today it’s a bit obsessive at the moment I am so paranoid I could catch it in this house?

Phil, I don't have the knowledge to say when it will be over but I personally thought the vaccine situation may go on until 2023. There's only four months until 2022 and as the vaccine regime takes months to filter through the population then I'm presuming it could go on until 2023.

I had been googling covid symptoms all day and been anxious again. Temp checked about six times today it’s a bit obsessive at the moment I am so paranoid I could catch it in this house?
    You are right. You could catch it. Millions of people have. The next ten days are going to be brutal on your anxiety and stress levels if you don’t practice some acceptance as others have said. I know it’s not easy. I would honestly probably be nervous if I were in your shoes too - and I’m double vaxxed! But that’s anxiety for you. My only advice is to try and find other things to do that will occupy your time and mind. Try to accept that there’s a chance you may get it. There’s also a chance you may not.

Just look after your immune system and (more than likely) you will be more than fine. It's messed up how the government isn't telling people this. It only takes a few taps on a keyboard and a mouse click to know how to look after yourselves these days.
    A few taps on a keyboard and a mouse click huh?

LOL. No research. I have something called intuition. Maybe look into it sometime? Instead of believing everything, somebody you don't know, tells you.
    I’m assuming then that the “few taps on a keyboard and a mouse click” was merely to Google the word “intuition” then? Seeing as how you apparently don’t research?

Looking after your immune system is a good way of fighting any illness. Unfortunately it’s just not that simple with this virus.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information