Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    I've had to go into rooms at work where patients have had Covid, I have not caught it, so with precautions (mask and washing hands a lot), thats all you can do to avoid catching it, phil

At work, we wear plastic apron and gloves as well (hospital)
    You're vaxxed as well I assume?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I think you said maybe 2023 for they being over but I can’t cope with this being life forever. If I am too scared to do anything what’s the point? I can hold out a bit but if this is the same every year I really hate it..
    Nobody *likes* this Covid situation, phil

Everyone has lost something, some people have lost family members to Covid, others have had to give up activities that would help their mental health. I'm one of the lucky ones who still went out to work even during all of the lockdowns.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You're vaxxed as well I assume?

FMP
    yep everyone at work had to get vaccinated, I've had both vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    yep everyone at work had to get vaccinated, I've had both vaccinations.
    Case in point.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

phil I get why you dont want to wear a mask, my younger brother is the same, he won't even go outside since the first lockdown

but I don't understand why you don't want to have the vaccines when they will help?

My wife is doing ok she is eating ok she is just tired and bored in the room. Well yes I have explained the mask and vax situation before on here I think everybody gets to have a choice. My wife had a reaction to her first dose so she never had a 2nd so the vaccine isn’t risk free so that’s my choice I recommend if for 60+ as they have flu jab. My sister thinks it’s better to catch it get it over with but most people I know isolated and tried to avoid catching it I think that’s best way. You have to hope you have immunity with the natural immunity on population. Her mother has been round two positive cases and not got it so I am hoping she is also immune she has had vaccines. My fear is others catching it or me I really hope we get a herd immunity or low levels of this virus

Phil, how do you think the immune population became immune? I promised myself I wasn't going to comment here, but you're piggybacking off all the people who overcame their aversions to the injection in order to keep their loved ones safe.

So you’d rather run and hide, endure the mental angst of being restricted in doing things that you enjoy and still be, in your own words, “terrified” of Covid rather than take a vaccine that vastly reduces your risk of severe outcome and negates the restrictions that may be placed on your activities?

It is your choice, and I personally want that to always be the case. I’m sorry, though, it’s a choice that makes absolutely no sense to me.

I still would like to know about this apparent reaction your wife had. You never said how the medics dealing with her linked the vaccine to her symptoms. These things aren’t simple, you know. Tests need to be carried out to determine the cause and a plausible mechanism needs to be established. Did these things happen? If so, could you tell us in a bit more detail rather than just saying she had a reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    So you’d rather run and hide, endure the mental angst of being restricted in doing things that you enjoy and still be, in your own words, “terrified” of Covid rather than take a vaccine that vastly reduces your risk of severe outcome and negates the restrictions that may be placed on your activities?

It is your choice, and I personally want that to always be the case. I’m sorry, though, it’s a choice that makes absolutely no sense to me.

I still would like to know about this apparent reaction your wife had. You never said how the medics dealing with her linked the vaccine to her symptoms. These things aren’t simple, you know. Tests need to be carried out to determine the cause and a plausible mechanism needs to be established. Did these things happen? If so, could you tell us in a bit more detail rather than just saying she had a reaction?
    Yes well my wife had a vaccine and caught it so even if I had a vaccine I could still get COVID there is people in ICU double vaxed so no the vaccine doesn’t solve everything. The ingredients irritated her stomach that was confirmed by a doctor I don’t have any more info. No further tests as she had medication to solve issue.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes well my wife had a vaccine and caught it so even if I had a vaccine I could still get COVID there is people in ICU double vaxed so no the vaccine doesn’t solve everything. The ingredients irritated her stomach that was confirmed by a doctor I don’t have any more info. No further tests as she had medication to solve issue.
    That’s a really crap argument, to be blunt. That’s like saying people die in car accidents wearing seatbelts so therefore you’re no longer wearing a seatbelt.

The efficacy of a vaccine should never be an all or nothing answer, either. By your reasoning if it’s not 100% effective then it’s essentially useless. But I digress, like I’ve said before it’s really none of my concern if you are vaccinated or not, I just don’t understand your reasoning and I can’t pretend to.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information