Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Is she symptomatic Phil? How is she feeling?

I don’t know the rules over there. Here, if you are unvaccinated you are meant to quarantine for a certain time period if living with someone that has a positive test.

You’ve been exposed at this point. The best plan here is to wear a mask indoors and try to keep as much distance as possible. It’s difficult living in the same house. But many others have been in your situation and have come out of it fine. Try to have some empathy for your wife though? You can leave meals and such outside the spare room door for her. Use disinfecting wipes and make sure your own hygiene practices are good. It’s all you can do at this point.
    She says headache just like a cold I think so I think she is ok good as can be I guess? Her gran had same symptoms a few weeks back. I ordered some saliva tests incase I require one at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Your lack of concern for your wife is very troubling to say the least. Wow... just WOW!

FMP
    My apologies just not much I can do really when someone gets covid its like you have to just deal with it and hope it’s mild? I am new to this

Is she symptomatic Phil? How is she feeling?

I don’t know the rules over there. Here, if you are unvaccinated you are meant to quarantine for a certain time period if living with someone that has a positive test.

You’ve been exposed at this point. The best plan here is to wear a mask indoors and try to keep as much distance as possible. It’s difficult living in the same house. But many others have been in your situation and have come out of it fine. Try to have some empathy for your wife though? You can leave meals and such outside the spare room door for her. Use disinfecting wipes and make sure your own hygiene practices are good. It’s all you can do at this point.
    So it’s possible to not catch it despite her being in same house?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I can’t say that with certainty. I’ve heard reports in the news and from friends that their spouse had it and they didn’t catch it. But they were using separate restrooms and disinfecting constantly and wearing a mask anytime they weren’t sleeping or eating. But I’ve also heard stories from friends that their whole house caught it.

You have to take the reasonable precautions that you can, and the rest is out of your control. It won’t help you not catch it to stress over it and allow your OCD tendencies to control you for the next ten days or so.

your wife has had one jab, right? Hopefully that will offer her some protection and keep it to mild symptoms.

Thing is, you're unvaxxed and you've been with her so what will be will be.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I can’t say that with certainty. I’ve heard reports in the news and from friends that their spouse had it and they didn’t catch it. But they were using separate restrooms and disinfecting constantly and wearing a mask anytime they weren’t sleeping or eating. But I’ve also heard stories from friends that their whole house caught it.

You have to take the reasonable precautions that you can, and the rest is out of your control. It won’t help you not catch it to stress over it and allow your OCD tendencies to control you for the next ten days or so.

your wife has had one jab, right? Hopefully that will offer her some protection and keep it to mild symptoms.
    Well she had one jab yes sadly we only have one toilet in the house so have to share. I do worry so I mean like can it take ten days to come on? I think her symptoms started a few days prior so maybe she will be over it before ten days from now? She will also not get money from her work to isolate so she will be worried about cash.

Phil I understand your worries, but no one can give you definitive answers here. I am in the US. Our rules are probably different from yours. We have to follow the cdc guidelines, copied below. Understand though that our isolation and quarantine rules are likely not the same as yours. Do you have a health organization over there like the cdc?

Isolation

Isolation is used to separate people infected with COVID-19 from those who are not infected.
    People who are in isolation should stay home until it’s safe for them to be around others. At home, anyone sick or infected should separate from others, stay in a specific “sick room” or area, and use a separate bathroom (if available).
    What to do

• Monitor your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), seek emergency medical care immediately.
    • Stay in a separate room from other household members, if possible.
    • Use a separate bathroom, if possible.
    • Avoid contact with other members of the household and pets.
    • Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils.
    • Wear a mask when around other people if able.

For Anyone Who Has Been Around a Person with COVID-19

Anyone who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 should stay home for 14 days after their last exposure to that person.
    However, anyone who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 and who meets the following criteria does NOT need to stay home.

• Someone who has been fully vaccinated and shows no symptoms of COVID-19. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.

Or

• Someone who has COVID-19 illness within the previous 3 months and
    • Has recovered and
    • Remains without COVID-19 symptoms (for example, cough, shortness of breath)

Yes we have similar rules it’s just such a worry I can’t sleep and I’ve sat worrying all night. I worry COVID is a death sentence I know I am silly to worry but I have felt numb with worry all night..i dont know how I can possibly relax?

Yes we have similar rules it’s just such a worry I can’t sleep and I’ve sat worrying all night. I worry COVID is a death sentence I know I am silly to worry but I have felt numb with worry all night..i dont know how I can possibly relax?
    It’s a bit too late at this point, but serious question - which is worse, your fears of the vaccine, or the worries you’re dealing with right now? The vaccine will not always protect you from catching COVID. But what it does do for a crazy high percentage of people, is keep them from severe disease and death. Would it be worth it to you to not have the fears of COVID being a death sentence? I felt the exact same for the last year. Convinced if I got COVID, that would be it for me. Since being double vaccinated, I don’t worry as much. I do still worry about catching it. But I don’t worry near as much about it being severe enough to land me in hospital. And my worries over possible long term effects were not enough to keep me from taking the vaccine. It’s very much a personal choice. Might be worth putting some real thought into now that you’re dealing with this.

other than that I’m not sure what else I can say to help. If you have to share a bathroom you should absolutely be masking in your house at the very least. I know it’s uncomfortable and anxiety producing for you but it’s literally your only line of defense at this point. Your wife should be masking as well.

I still can't believe you're ranting about yourself when your wife is sick... Mind boggling

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information