Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes but England won’t. I guess you can take a train to England and not wear a mask or go a night out. Boris seems to want more freedom I guess for now
    So one minute you're terrified of getting covid, the next minute we need to treat it like flu, as it's not all that bad, so you can travel again?

The vaccine does NOT stop transmission it stops you getting ill. That’s all!!!!! How many times??
    That’s, erm…quite a big deal though, right? I mean, if this virus was detected in 2019 and it was found to not make anyone ill, it would have been long forgotten by now.

I don’t know where this angry outburst has come from. You know people on a public forum are going to more than likely advise you to get the vaccine as you’re constantly saying how scared you are of Covid. The vaccine is, of course, the best way to reduce your risk of severe illness and surely reduce your anxiety along with it.

Then, when you get the advice of “take the vaccine”, you start snapping and getting angry, pointing out that you aren’t at risk and we should treat it like flu.

What do you want, seriously? You ask questions like “when will this pandemic end, when will I be safe to fly, when will I stop being scared”, questions that the worlds best scientists are struggling to answer right now. You go from “I’m terrified of getting Covid” to “I’m not getting a vaccine because I’m low risk and it’s just like flu anyway” almost without blinking.

Would I be safe in saying that you just enjoy complaining? Because you seem to get ever so angry when people cannot answer unanswerable questions and advise you to take the only step known to drastically reduce your risk of severe illness from Covid.

Get the vaccine. Don’t get the vaccine. Who cares? If you choose not to, you’ll have to deal with the consequences. Just give it a rest with this rubbish. Your wife has Covid for goodness sake, and you’ve used it as an excuse to rant endlessly, yet again, about how you’re not taking a vaccine. Have a bloody word with yourself man.

Phil, to be honest, as an individual I do not care if you get covid. I have so many people, locally, who refused the vaccine and have gotten very sick and died as a result. The last was 28 years old and otherwise healthy. Honestly? I don't have much mental capacity for him either. I've lost family members, before the vax. Now it's up to you if you want to play roulette with your life.

As an aside, yes, you can still transmit with the vaccine. But you are completely trashing two main points:

1. You are less likely to get seriously ill, and therefore will not be overwhelming the hospital system.
    2. All of these new variants are being driven by unvaccinated individuals. So essentially the reason we are still in this mess and dealing with more and more variants is because people who can get vaxed, won't.

So thanks. But you do you. If you want to hug a bison you absolutely can, but be prepared as there are consequences to that choice.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

"I didn't think the leopards would eat my face", said the person who joined the Leopards Eating Faces party...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I noticed on the Government dashboard that cases appear to be falling.

But so is testing.
    Ditto for the ZOE cases, albeit still in excess of 45k on average, but still down nevertheless.

Yesterday's (dashboard) cases were artificially lower due to Scotland being unable to publish their stats yesterday for some technical reason, so today's total daily stats in turn might seem artificially higher at 32k vs 26k yesterday, with Scotland presumably double-counting today's stats together with their missing stats from yesterday.

32k cases today is still lower than last Friday's cases (37k).

Still most ironic (and indeed baffling) considering schools in England and Wales have been back for more than a fortnight now, plus the 100k, or even 200k daily cases that were much-feared by experts for August and into early September back in mid-July have still by far thankfully been wide of the mark.

Perhaps some degree of herd immunity might be just starting to materialise after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    That’s, erm…quite a big deal though, right? I mean, if this virus was detected in 2019 and it was found to not make anyone ill, it would have been long forgotten by now.

I don’t know where this angry outburst has come from. You know people on a public forum are going to more than likely advise you to get the vaccine as you’re constantly saying how scared you are of Covid. The vaccine is, of course, the best way to reduce your risk of severe illness and surely reduce your anxiety along with it.

Then, when you get the advice of “take the vaccine”, you start snapping and getting angry, pointing out that you aren’t at risk and we should treat it like flu.

What do you want, seriously? You ask questions like “when will this pandemic end, when will I be safe to fly, when will I stop being scared”, questions that the worlds best scientists are struggling to answer right now. You go from “I’m terrified of getting Covid” to “I’m not getting a vaccine because I’m low risk and it’s just like flu anyway” almost without blinking.

Would I be safe in saying that you just enjoy complaining? Because you seem to get ever so angry when people cannot answer unanswerable questions and advise you to take the only step known to drastically reduce your risk of severe illness from Covid.

Get the vaccine. Don’t get the vaccine. Who cares? If you choose not to, you’ll have to deal with the consequences. Just give it a rest with this rubbish. Your wife has Covid for goodness sake, and you’ve used it as an excuse to rant endlessly, yet again, about how you’re not taking a vaccine. Have a bloody word with yourself man.
    Apologies for the outburst just had a tough week and it’s hard not going out. I agree with what you say but I do hope life goes back to normal I mean for everybody’s sake not selfishly or anything. I know many have had a hard time during the pandemic. But I don’t feel keeping people locked away forever is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Ditto for the ZOE cases, albeit still in excess of 45k on average, but still down nevertheless.

Yesterday's (dashboard) cases were artificially lower due to Scotland being unable to publish their stats yesterday for some technical reason, so today's total daily stats in turn might seem artificially higher at 32k vs 26k yesterday, with Scotland presumably double-counting today's stats together with their missing stats from yesterday.

32k cases today is still lower than last Friday's cases (37k).

Still most ironic (and indeed baffling) considering schools in England and Wales have been back for more than a fortnight now, plus the 100k, or even 200k daily cases that were much-feared by experts for August and into early September back in mid-July have still by far thankfully been wide of the mark.

Perhaps some degree of herd immunity might be just starting to materialise after all.
    I hope you are right about herd immunity they said today on GB News the future may be vaccine breakthroughs or reinfectons so the rest may have some immunity question is how low do you think cases can go?

Apologies for the outburst just had a tough week and it’s hard not going out. I agree with what you say but I do hope life goes back to normal I mean for everybody’s sake not selfishly or anything. I know many have had a hard time during the pandemic. But I don’t feel keeping people locked away forever is the answer.

You've had a tough week not being able to go out???? Jesus Christ

It's like watching a ping pong match between your extreme fears of covid and your unwillingness to do anything about those fears and constantly saying that it's not a big deal.
    Aint it just. Phil, you waver around in a way that suits the way you wish to argue at any given time, it's exhausting. As always, you want the best of both worlds in a way that doesn't involve taking any action on your part . I suppose at least that is consistent, which argument doesn't involve you being wrong or having to have your covid choices challenged ?......that'll be the one you are pushing at that particular time.

this is the point so many are trying to make, Phil. No one is keeping you locked away. Well right now they are because you’re an unvaxxed close contact of someone with Covid. But once your ten days is up you’re free to go again. You keep saying the vax only protects the vaxxed person. And you may be right. But if you don’t care about the consequences of being unvaxxed, fine!!!! It’s totally up to you man! Do what you want. But you can’t turn around and post about being terrified of catching covid! It’s a catch 22 here!

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information