Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    ..i dont know how I can possibly relax?
    Don't think you are going to.

IMO, the stress of it was the worst. My son, my husband and I were all sick.

We did exactly what the dr told us to do. Monitor symptoms, rest, keep hydrated, stay home.

My husband stayed in the living room, our bedroom and upstairs bathroom. I stayed downstairs in the family room, spare bedroom and bathroom. He still got it.

I was spraying everything with bleach cleaner, did not help.

Do your best Phil, I spent a lot of time on this board, got wonderful support and counted down the days for my son, my husband and myself.

This whole thing majorly sucks but as I understand it, at eventually we will all be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    It’s a bit too late at this point, but serious question - which is worse, your fears of the vaccine, or the worries you’re dealing with right now? The vaccine will not always protect you from catching COVID. But what it does do for a crazy high percentage of people, is keep them from severe disease and death. Would it be worth it to you to not have the fears of COVID being a death sentence? I felt the exact same for the last year. Convinced if I got COVID, that would be it for me. Since being double vaccinated, I don’t worry as much. I do still worry about catching it. But I don’t worry near as much about it being severe enough to land me in hospital. And my worries over possible long term effects were not enough to keep me from taking the vaccine. It’s very much a personal choice. Might be worth putting some real thought into now that you’re dealing with this.

other than that I’m not sure what else I can say to help. If you have to share a bathroom you should absolutely be masking in your house at the very least. I know it’s uncomfortable and anxiety producing for you but it’s literally your only line of defense at this point. Your wife should be masking as well.
    Thanks for the kind words. Well I can order some face shields but I don’t want to sit all day in one. Perhaps if I go to the bathroom or something? Wear it then? I think if I had the vaccine I would still worry but as you say too late anyway. I guess I don’t want to spend all week sitting worrying is there much I can do to divert? The word exposed is scary as it makes me worry I will catch it but realistically the virus is everywhere isn’t it? Chances are I am exposed to it too often I serve customers at work sit on a bus these people may or may not have COVID for example had some staff cough at work or even customers

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    Don't think you are going to.

IMO, the stress of it was the worst. My son, my husband and I were all sick.

We did exactly what the dr told us to do. Monitor symptoms, rest, keep hydrated, stay home.

My husband stayed in the living room, our bedroom and upstairs bathroom. I stayed downstairs in the family room, spare bedroom and bathroom. He still got it.

I was spraying everything with bleach cleaner, did not help.

Do your best Phil, I spent a lot of time on this board, got wonderful support and counted down the days for my son, my husband and myself.

This whole thing majorly sucks but as I understand it, at eventually we will all be exposed.
    Sorry to hear that. My wife wears masks but proves they do little good :/ she still got it so it sucks. You are right sadly this virus I think we will all be exposed somebody suggested the sooner everybody is exposed the sooner pandemic ends? I imagine some people get exposed and don’t get the virus too there is that it some people catch it or everybody does. But sooner or later bound to run out of people to infect?

I read a few posts on the forum someone called Toby I think he avoided the virus despite being in same house it’s pot luck..

On a positive I did stay in same bed as her 2 nights ago and she had tiny symptoms so hopefully we are in day 3 maybe of ten and hopefully avoiding her is she most infectious at the start and less by day 9/10?

The way I understand it, you’re contagious for up to three days before symptoms and up to ten days after symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    The way I understand it, you’re contagious for up to three days before symptoms and up to ten days after symptoms.
    Ok thanks so going to spend a while away from my wife

Make sure you take care of her while she's poorly, though.

Remember your marriage vows.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I read a few posts on the forum someone called Toby I think he avoided the virus despite being in same house it’s pot luck..
    Yes, he didn't catch it. His sister brought it into the house (she is jabbed) and neither he nor his mum caught it.

I hope she feels better soon. Remember everything is in your favour as a young healthy man. You will only be able to do so much here so you are going to have to accept the possibility you could catch it. But you also need to keep it in perspective because it may just be a rough few days to a week with a cold-like virus.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yes, he didn't catch it. His sister brought it into the house (she is jabbed) and neither he nor his mum caught it.

I hope she feels better soon. Remember everything is in your favour as a young healthy man. You will only be able to do so much here so you are going to have to accept the possibility you could catch it. But you also need to keep it in perspective because it may just be a rough few days to a week with a cold-like virus.
    Thanks Terry. My wife had been a bit lax on social distancing earlier in the back so I had a bad feeling I do worry about it not sure how I can keep safe in the house I am wipe stuff down get masks gloves ect

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information