Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife has covid

Re: My wife has covid

I do worry the virus is hard to avoid if it’s actually in my house..

Are you making sure your wife has everything she needs?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Ok thanks so going to spend a while away from my wife
    I hope you're not serious? And if you are, maybe think about how you'd feel if your wife did this to you?

You could be asymptomatic, Phil and could have given it to her..and to others of course.

You can't go to work now of course.

Yes I have dropped food at door my parents are also dropping off some food so yes she has all she needs

3 of my immediate family members, including me, have had Covid in the past year. We all had it individually. As in, when I had it, nobody in my house got it from me. My partner had it, nobody in the house got it from her, and most recently my youngest daughter had it and nobody got it from her.

Sometimes it really is just down to luck, but given that you’re not vaccinated at all then the chances of you catching it are fairly high, certainly higher than folk who are fully vaccinated. It is what it is.

I think you should ensure that you’re caring for your wife and ensuring she feels reassured rather than curling up into a ball and worrying about your risks. You’re both young and, I’m assuming, relatively fit, so the chances are you’ll have a bit of illness then that’ll be that. Other than that you’ll just need to ride it out like tens of millions of people have had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    3 of my immediate family members, including me, have had Covid in the past year. We all had it individually. As in, when I had it, nobody in my house got it from me. My partner had it, nobody in the house got it from her, and most recently my youngest daughter had it and nobody got it from her.

Sometimes it really is just down to luck, but given that you’re not vaccinated at all then the chances of you catching it are fairly high, certainly higher than folk who are fully vaccinated. It is what it is.

I think you should ensure that you’re caring for your wife and ensuring she feels reassured rather than curling up into a ball and worrying about your risks. You’re both young and, I’m assuming, relatively fit, so the chances are you’ll have a bit of illness then that’ll be that. Other than that you’ll just need to ride it out like tens of millions of people have had to do.
    Thanks I rather not know if I have it or not at the moment but my wife is safe to go abroad once she is recovered but I may still worry about catching it or even catching it twice but thanks for the kind words she says it does seem like a cold but you always worry when it’s COVID

Hi Phil,
    I know of several households where only one person tested positive for Covid and it included the vulnerable category. It was also pre vaccine time so none of these people had that safety net feeling.
    Also a lateral flow test will show positive for the flu or even a cold and we are going into the flu season so it is possible that your wife may have just that. Flu can be just as bad and is not to be underplayed. So many seem to have forgotten about flu with the coverage of covid.
    Your wife may have mild symptoms anyway and not be up to eating as usual but plenty of fluids is recommended and easy digestible foods which can be left through intervals of the day.
    You'll have to do your best to live each day separately but it seems the danger in touching items are over and maybe it wasn't a danger to begin with.
    It seems it is more likely to fall ill if you are rundown, poor eating and sleep and stress, so a good idea to keep healthy, but you do have to isolate by law. But keeping windows open would be a good idea during the day.
    Phil, all through the pandemic you have worked dealing with the public and with little social distancing from what you have told me, with customers coming too close to you and as you say, using public transport. And you've managed to stay well, so maybe you are not at risk anyway. I think we all worry about getting ill, but we just have to get on with our days as best we can. Try not to be frightened as most people recover well and you are young and fit so that helps obviously. Also find some things to occupy your time. I'm sure your wife will be appreciate if everything is clean and tidy for when she is up and about again. Maybe think what she might like, say if the tables were turned and you were the one in bed in a room on your own. You could even write her some letters to read expressing your feelings. I'm sure she will be feeling quite down.
    None of us have a crystal ball and cannot predict who or when someone becomes ill, but we can only do our best to keep as healthy as we possibly can and respect other people's wellbeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi Phil,
    I know of several households where only one person tested positive for Covid and it included the vulnerable category. It was also pre vaccine time so none of these people had that safety net feeling.
    Also a lateral flow test will show positive for the flu or even a cold and we are going into the flu season so it is possible that your wife may have just that. Flu can be just as bad and is not to be underplayed. So many seem to have forgotten about flu with the coverage of covid.
    Your wife may have mild symptoms anyway and not be up to eating as usual but plenty of fluids is recommended and easy digestible foods which can be left through intervals of the day.
    You'll have to do your best to live each day separately but it seems the danger in touching items are over and maybe it wasn't a danger to begin with.
    It seems it is more likely to fall ill if you are rundown, poor eating and sleep and stress, so a good idea to keep healthy, but you do have to isolate by law. But keeping windows open would be a good idea during the day.
    Phil, all through the pandemic you have worked dealing with the public and with little social distancing from what you have told me, with customers coming too close to you and as you say, using public transport. And you've managed to stay well, so maybe you are not at risk anyway. I think we all worry about getting ill, but we just have to get on with our days as best we can. Try not to be frightened as most people recover well and you are young and fit so that helps obviously. Also find some things to occupy your time. I'm sure your wife will be appreciate if everything is clean and tidy for when she is up and about again. Maybe think what she might like, say if the tables were turned and you were the one in bed in a room on your own. You could even write her some letters to read expressing your feelings. I'm sure she will be feeling quite down.
    None of us have a crystal ball and cannot predict who or when someone becomes ill, but we can only do our best to keep as healthy as we possibly can and respect other people's wellbeing.
    Yes so it could be a cold problem is no way to know you can’t test for a cold. Like I don’t want to test unless I get symptoms my mum is the same is that understandable? And yes I deal with public so lots of exposure but my wife is same and she has it? It’s a worrying time..

Do you have any underlying conditions Phil? If not, then if you do catch it you will very very likely be fine. And it may even calm your covid anxiety going forward. Just trust in your immune system. I think it's just going to be one of those things that almost everyone will get at some point in their lives. As far as the vaccine is concerned, I had covid unvaccinated in December and it was mild and I recovered within a couple of weeks except from some lingering fatigue. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery!

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information