Thread: Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Hi guys

I’ve had IBS-C for a long time

I have noticed over the last couple of months that my symptoms seem to be worse around when my period is due I also have it in my mind that dairy could be a problem

I made myself a cheese salad a few weeks ago and I remember feeling a bit sick while I was eating it didn’t really think much of it can’t remember how long it lasted

This morning I got up showered I was perfectly fine just a usual day with the usual health worries around 11am I had about half a dozen of my grandsons white chocolate buttons from the fridge

As soon as I ate them I felt like they got stuck in my throat and within minutes I had a upset stomach felt like heart burn I took a meberbrevin and 2 paracetamols didn’t really help

I had my lunch and felt a bit better got upset telling my husband right now I have burning in the back of my throat and my stomach feels tight it feels like ibs but I don’t get why it came on so suddenly and it’s doing my head in which I am sure isn’t helping 😒

I remember having similar issues last month when my period was due could it be related?

I was really enjoying my day off from work before this happened

Thanks guys

🥺

Re: Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredCaz View Post
    I also have it in my mind that dairy could be a problem
    I used to be able to eat dairy no problem. Then I hit my late 40s and that was that! My colon goes berserk if it encounters a cream cake!

How old are you cocker? Only it's well documented that once many people hit a certain age, they can no longer tolerate dairy..

Hi Nora

Thanks for reply

I am 48 so maybe that’s what it is 🤔 one thing after another sometimes

I hate when I’m having a relatively good day and this happens 🙄

Thanks again x

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I used to be able to eat dairy no problem. Then I hit my late 40s and that was that! My colon goes berserk if it encounters a cream cake!

How old are you cocker? Only it's well documented that once many people hit a certain age, they can no longer tolerate dairy..
    That happened to my wife. We switched to almond milk and she's had no issues.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredCaz View Post
    Hi Nora

Thanks for reply

I am 48 so maybe that’s what it is 樂 one thing after another sometimes

I hate when I’m having a relatively good day and this happens 

Thanks again x
    Try going lactose free and see if that helps? This isn't the same as dairy free. I can't eat cheese either but that's mainly because it's a major migraine trigger for me, and has been for quite a long time now..

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    That happened to my wife. We switched to almond milk and she's had no issues.

FMP
    I drink oat milk. I was drinking coconut milk but I've identified an issue - as in it gives me migraines. There's not a lot that doesn't give me migraines these days.

Thread Information