Hey everyone.

So I’ve been having palpitations for about 3 months now, I’ve experienced them before but only the odd random one here and there, which is quite strange because I’ve had anxiety for about 15 years now.

So over the last few month I’ve had these feelings in my chest, I don’t know what they are, I’m guessing from reading other posts it’s palpitations. I’ve recently had a ecg, well many weeks ago actually but I can’t get to talk to my doctor about my result. So I rang them and I’ve got to wait until 28th September for a phone app.
Any way I just wondered what these things are? I’ve always called them ectopics , but maybe palpitations I really don’t know so I’ll describe for you.

So when I first started to get them, I’d get a random urge to take a massive breath and then cough. After a second it would pass and I’d not think anything of it.
Over the weeks, I’d get the similar thing but it’s as though I could feeling it brewing and I knew when to look at my watch and I’d catch my HR either drop to about 58 or it would jump up to up to 160. Recently the feeling of one coming lasts alot longer, it makes me want to clear my throat and alot makes me feel like I have to breath alot or something it pressing my chest. It’s becoming quite concerning for me, obviously I have health anxiety and it’s been very bad over the months, but I also am aware when things are quite right. Some time I get this all day, other times only once or twice a day.

I’m relatively health, not health probs, I’ve had ecgs in the past but nothing in the last ten years, but I’ve had children, operations etc so I’m hoping if I had a problem it would have been picked up.

I’ve had recent bloods, full screening, and I have anemia but I’ve been on treatment for that for almost 6weeks, and feeling tons better.

I don’t want to be a ticking time bomb. Does this sound normal anxiety? As I can’t talk to my doc for some time. I’ve never had heart anxiety but this really is pants!

Sarah