Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone taken magnesium supplements

Has anyone taken magnesium supplements

Hi so I have ordered magnesium supplements, i did my research on them and Iv ordered ones with the 3 types of magnesium in them plus added zinc. I have read that magnesium can reduce palpitations and anxiety and that most of us are somewhat deficient in magnesium. So has anyone else taken them ? What was your experience with them? One of my phobias is taking medications I haven’t taken before and I’m slightly scared I will be the one in a billion to have reaction to them but I also need to start taking control of my life and making proactive steps to recovery anxiety has swallowed the years of 18-31 for me and I need now to help myself because cbt wasn’t very successful and neither are anti-depressants (for me personally, I know they can work wonders for others)

Re: Has anyone taken magnesium supplements

I've taken magnesium supplements for years without a problem.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ive been on prescribed magnesium due to having very low magnesium due to ibs, but cant really say my anxiety is any different

Did you notice if you felt better ?

Have u felt any better Julie ? Like energy wise or anything like that ?

My wife takes a mag/zinc supplement and its helped her with menopause.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Sar89 View Post
    Hi so I have ordered magnesium supplements, i did my research on them and Iv ordered ones with the 3 types of magnesium in them plus added zinc. I have read that magnesium can reduce palpitations and anxiety and that most of us are somewhat deficient in magnesium. So has anyone else taken them ? What was your experience with them? One of my phobias is taking medications I haven’t taken before and I’m slightly scared I will be the one in a billion to have reaction to them but I also need to start taking control of my life and making proactive steps to recovery anxiety has swallowed the years of 18-31 for me and I need now to help myself because cbt wasn’t very successful and neither are anti-depressants (for me personally, I know they can work wonders for others)
    I've been taking magnesium for a few years now (I'm drinking mine as I type this)

Magnesium is essential to the human body, and you're correct in saying that most people are deficient and that's mostly due to the way food is processed these days..

Regarding reactions? Are you confusing magnesium oxide with the other forms? If so, they're different. I take citrate because I had constipation dominant IBS. As a happy 'side effect' I found out that it helped with the ectopic beats etc.

I have multiple chemical sensitivity and I've taken magnesium citrate (in powder form) with no issues whatsoever. I usually take it at night (a quarter of a teaspoon works for me, or more if I've been on the codeine) and it's been a game changer for me in terms of IBS and anxiety heart symptoms..

So my magnesium supplement contain magnesium citrate, malate and glycinate with added zinc in it (apparently) it was quite expensive in my view 29.99 for a bottle of 60 huge pills. I haven’t taken one yet I’m going to wait for my tea and have it after that. I’m just silly and get scared of ingesting anything new 😂

I've just ordered glycinate one because someone told me it's helped with their migraines. If I can lower my use of pain meds, it will be happy days!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information