Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green fungus/mould on box

Green fungus/mould on box

Earlier today I wasn't feeling too bad - my brother asked me out to lunch for my birthday.

As an interest, I was going to show him an old train set I'd acquired some time ago. When I got it out, I noticed the edge of the box against the outside wall had a layer of green fungus/mould on it. Without thinking, I wiped it off without wetting it down first. Now I am terrified I've breathed in some of the spores, I swear that's why I have a tingly mouth/throat (it could of course be the food and drink) and this is going to make me really, really ill.

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice? It seems there's even more of this (but white, I think) between the lid and the rest of the box and I'm really scared.

Help

Re: Green fungus/mould on box

You are fine and overthinking things again.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It would not even occur to me to moisten the mould before wiping it off. 2 years ago, I ate a few mouthfuls of a mouldy piece of bread & have not had any ill effects. You are fine. P

Like others have said, you will be fine. Most mold isn't harmful in the slightest.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thanks to those who've replied.

My brother said the same to me at lunch - and I replied that every single day of my life is like this now so can he understand why I have days when I want it to come to a permanent end with no return?

Happy belated birthday P!

Hope your boffday wasn't too shit?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Happy belated birthday P!

Hope your boffday wasn't too shit?
    You're actually a day early, Nora - it's tomorrow.

Can't make up my mind if I want to do anything tomorrow - I should, but it's all down to what my head will let me do. Right now I just feel completely drained and have no interest in anything; so tomorrow may just be spent in bed.

There are no "should"s when it comes to birthdays..You can please yourself. Just take the day as it comes. It may turn out to be better than you anticipate? I hope so.

Glad you were able to meet up with your brother for lunch.He may not fully understand what terrifies you but he's wanting to help you even if it's just by meeting up and talking and trying to give you some support.

I think that having a daughter who's a (published) clinical psychologist helps him understand better than most: we were talking about the vast increase in mental illness in the 12 - 15 year old bracket and how it just didn't seem to exist when we were that age - or more likely, we didn't understand.

I have something else preying on my mind at the moment: as I said, this really does not give me any peace. You can probably guess the more intrusive things that keep randomly popping into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Can't make up my mind if I want to do anything tomorrow - I should, but it's all down to what my head will let me do. Right now I just feel completely drained and have no interest in anything; so tomorrow may just be spent in bed.
    Well, whatever you today - it's still your special day because this is the day that the world got to meet you. And like P says, sometimes days turn out better than we expect them to..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information