Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green fungus/mould on box

Re: Green fungus/mould on box

I hope this is the case, PM and that you are having a decent birthday just pleasing yourself with no hassle from anyone..

Happy Birthday PM!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks - it's really kind of you

I drove to the coast today, mimicking a trip I last did 19 years ago tomorrow. Of course, someone was absent this time

The plan was originally to go to Hunstanton (always went there as a child, y'see) for a while, have a little something to eat there, then nip over with my camera to the North Norfolk Railway as they're still running a steam service.

It didn't work out like that, but in a good way. Once I had parked up and bought something from the nice café towards the beach (vegan-friendly too) - remarking that the last time I set foot in there was for Mum and Dad to buy me a bucket and spade - I sat in the dunes, drank my tea and had a bite to eat. I then decided to walk towards the sea to record the sound as a sleep aid - it was approaching high tide by now - and then I suddenly noticed something.

I wasn't worrying about a single thing...

Surprised, I walked back towards the dunes, spread my coat out and laid down on it... and my mind just emptied. Only the sound of the waves and nearby people was in it.

It. Was. Wonderful.

I laid there for an hour or so before heading home - the North Norfolk Railway can wait for another day, I was enjoying being at ease for the first time in ages. I took a razor clam shell from the beach and put it on my wife's memorial when I got home.

Funny thing is, when I did this back in 2002 it was very cold and we were probably the only people on the beach, save for the inevitable dog exercisers and detectorists; but this time, the beach probably had at least a hundred, maybe two hundred or more people around...

Glad you found some peace, PM...and Happy Birthday! The sea has wonderfully calming properties-so glad it worked its magic on you..

That sounds like a wonderful day PM.

Happy birthday, PM

That sounds terrific and a fantastic birthday present for you. An angel on your shoulder giving you one of the best gifts you could hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks - it's really kind of you

I drove to the coast today, mimicking a trip I last did 19 years ago tomorrow. Of course, someone was absent this time

The plan was originally to go to Hunstanton (always went there as a child, y'see) for a while, have a little something to eat there, then nip over with my camera to the North Norfolk Railway as they're still running a steam service.

It didn't work out like that, but in a good way. Once I had parked up and bought something from the nice café towards the beach (vegan-friendly too) - remarking that the last time I set foot in there was for Mum and Dad to buy me a bucket and spade - I sat in the dunes, drank my tea and had a bite to eat. I then decided to walk towards the sea to record the sound as a sleep aid - it was approaching high tide by now - and then I suddenly noticed something.

I wasn't worrying about a single thing...

Surprised, I walked back towards the dunes, spread my coat out and laid down on it... and my mind just emptied. Only the sound of the waves and nearby people was in it.

It. Was. Wonderful.

I laid there for an hour or so before heading home - the North Norfolk Railway can wait for another day, I was enjoying being at ease for the first time in ages. I took a razor clam shell from the beach and put it on my wife's memorial when I got home.

Funny thing is, when I did this back in 2002 it was very cold and we were probably the only people on the beach, save for the inevitable dog exercisers and detectorists; but this time, the beach probably had at least a hundred, maybe two hundred or more people around...
    Posts like this do my heart good..

I'm so happy that you had a good birthday PM.

PM what a wonderful post. I’m so glad you found a measure of peace, that it was on your birthday is even better.

Im exactly the same with the sea. I live 14 hours from the closest coast, so I don’t get to go often. But yeah, it’s exactly as you describe for me. I put my toes in the sand and just listen to the waves. There is nothing more relaxing to me.

I’m glad you had a positive birthday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information