Thread: Worried about second Covid shot (Pfizer)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Worried about second Covid shot (Pfizer)

Hi,

I was very nervous about getting my first Covid vaccine but I did it about a week ago. As soon as it happened I felt dizzy and had to lie down a bit but within a few mins, aside from fast breathing and heart rate I was ok. Only side effects I’ve really had was a sore arm for a day and being tired.

I’m worried because as soon as I got the shot I had an itchy feeling in the base of my throat, and it didn’t go away for about 2 days. I know with some allergies, the more you expose yourself to the allergen, the worse it gets. I’m worried this was some small reaction and next shot it’ll be anaphylaxis ! When I Google anything about an itchy throat with the vaccine nothing comes up so I’m wondering if I’m some rare case or it was anxiety (but it was definitely there and didn’t go for 2 days so I can’t see how it was just anxiety). It got a bit better when I ate later that day but always came back. But it was so annoying because whenever I tried to do something like chew gum or even swallowing some honey, I could still feel the itch and it was making me so nervous. Even my partner got a rash on his arm that night but I really had no other ‘allergic’ issues apart from that itchy throat.

Should I bite the bullet and go get it done? I’m just so scared of a massive allergic reaction, and I can’t help but shake I’m one of those rare ones.

Edit: just wanted to add, at no time did I feel like my throat was closing or I couldn’t breathe. My mum also looked at my throat and tongue and there was no swelling. It was just the itch

Edit 2: also, does anyone have the actual stats of getting myocardis? Had a few heart palpitations since the vaccine that have made me nervous. Only had like 3 or 4 across the 5 days but still makes me uncomfortable because I never get them
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 15-09-21 at 08:02.

Thread Information