Thread: Worried about second Covid shot (Pfizer)

Worried about second Covid shot (Pfizer)

Hi,

I was very nervous about getting my first Covid vaccine but I did it about a week ago. As soon as it happened I felt dizzy and had to lie down a bit but within a few mins, aside from fast breathing and heart rate I was ok. Only side effects I’ve really had was a sore arm for a day and being tired.

I’m worried because as soon as I got the shot I had an itchy feeling in the base of my throat, and it didn’t go away for about 2 days. I know with some allergies, the more you expose yourself to the allergen, the worse it gets. I’m worried this was some small reaction and next shot it’ll be anaphylaxis ! When I Google anything about an itchy throat with the vaccine nothing comes up so I’m wondering if I’m some rare case or it was anxiety (but it was definitely there and didn’t go for 2 days so I can’t see how it was just anxiety). It got a bit better when I ate later that day but always came back. But it was so annoying because whenever I tried to do something like chew gum or even swallowing some honey, I could still feel the itch and it was making me so nervous. Even my partner got a rash on his arm that night but I really had no other ‘allergic’ issues apart from that itchy throat.

Should I bite the bullet and go get it done? I’m just so scared of a massive allergic reaction, and I can’t help but shake I’m one of those rare ones.

Edit: just wanted to add, at no time did I feel like my throat was closing or I couldn’t breathe. My mum also looked at my throat and tongue and there was no swelling. It was just the itch

Edit 2: also, does anyone have the actual stats of getting myocardis? Had a few heart palpitations since the vaccine that have made me nervous. Only had like 3 or 4 across the 5 days but still makes me uncomfortable because I never get them
    Last edited by Dimdim101; 15-09-21 at 08:02.

Re: Worried about second Covid shot (Pfizer)

Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    does anyone have the actual stats of getting myocardis? Had a few heart palpitations since the vaccine that have made me nervous. Only had like 3 or 4 across the 5 days
    The most common myocarditis symptoms are persistent chest pain and breathlessness.

but still makes me uncomfortable because I never get them
    You almost certainly do, you just don't usually notice them. The heart is a chaotic organ and palpitations are part and parcel of that chaos. The very worst sign is a heart beating in perfect rhythm as it heralds heart failure - and no, you can't detect this by feeling your pulse. To quote heart researcher Dr. Ary Goldberger, "the healthy heart dances, while the dying organ can merely march."

Palpitations also tend to be more frequent when we're anxious.

Ah I see. That does help me feel a bit better about the heart stuff. Just nervous about the throat and potential allergy situation :/

Do you have any allergies that your aware of? I think the paper you sign tells you what’s in the vaccine that has the potential to cause an allergic reaction and asks you if you ever had a reaction to those things.
    I am allergic to more then a few things and have had serious reactions before and there is more to it then just an itchy throat. Allergic reactions to vaccines do happen but they are rare and a serious allergic reaction is even more rare. If by some small chance you do end up having an allergic reaction (you likely won’t), it can be treated easily. If it’s a serious allergic reaction it would happen within minutes and they know what to do to stop it and so if your incredibly concerned just hang around for 15 minutes or so afterwards. If you think about it, there is the potential for an allergic reaction with everything you come into contact with but that doesn’t have you living in a bubble, right?

As far as the myocarditis goes, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It’s pretty rare and tends to happen mostly in younger males.

Get your second dose, everything will be okay. There is more of a risk for complications should you become infected with COVID and have no protection then there is from the vaccine.
    Last edited by Careful1; 15-09-21 at 16:52.

Nope, no allergies that I’m aware of. You’re right in that there are not many ingredients listed in the vaccine and they do show them and I don’t have any past issues with those things either. Maybe the itchy throat was just a nervous system reaction to getting the vaccine, rather than an actual allergy. Thank you both for the detailed responses I really do appreciate them!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information