Thread: Fast heart rate and fever after 2nd Moderna dose

Fast heart rate and fever after 2nd Moderna dose

Hello!

I got no side effects from the first dose apart from a sore arm and the delayed rash that appears 8/9 days later. I did start to develop chest pains and ended up in A&E to rule out clots and stuff but I’m putting that one down to my anxiety…

Yesterday was my 2nd attempt at getting my 2nd dose…had a panic attack the first time and ran. So I managed to do it yesterday and I am going through HELL.

The fatigue and arm pain started a few hours after but I wasn’t too concerned, then last night I developed a fever of 38.5 and my heart rate climbed sky high…it’s been consistently at 100bpm. I looked at my Fitbit and it did go down to 74 momentarily when I was asleep but my heart rate in my sleep is usually in the 50’s and my resting heart rate is 69bpm…I’m lying down typing this now and my heart is at 97bpm. I’m so incredibly worried I feel honestly like absolute shit it’s completely wiped me out my head is pounding, everything hurts and I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus…literally feels like I’ve got the flu.

It’s my heart rate I’m the most worried about…it’s terrifying me 😢

Re: Fast heart rate and fever after 2nd Moderna dose

That’s not a high heart rate at all. And, it’s totally normal for the heart rate to be elevated when you have a fever. Take some Tylenol and get some rest, side effects from the second dose didn’t last long for me at all, about 12 hours.

I did have a higher resting heart rate after my second dose for two days. I didn’t put two and two together until yesterday while discussing with my friend but even though it was higher it was normal. 100 beats per minute is not sky high and it isn’t dangerous, normal is 60 to 100 not to mention its completely normal to have an elevated heart rate while running a fever. Hang in there, it won’t last long.

That's nothing, I've had 120-170 heart rate from fear and simple anxiety. Yesterday I went to get the first dose and failed but still had extremely fast heart rate and if I got vaxxed, I would think it's vaccine but it's just anxiety.
    I have had 170 when I had a stomach flu, also from fever and anxiety, I was in hospital but they weren't concerned about it.

Sounds completely normal! That's not a high fever at all really, and heart rate is on the higher side of normal. It fluctuates a lot and can increase when you have a fever and with anxiety.

Hi how ate you getting on? I can sympathise massively. I had my 3nd dose of pfizer yday and also fee awful. So dizzy and kee feeing like im about to faint. Also really bad stomach pain. Iv read so many bad things i fee terrified xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lillypops View Post
    Hi how ate you getting on? I can sympathise massively. I had my 3nd dose of pfizer yday and also fee awful. So dizzy and kee feeing like im about to faint. Also really bad stomach pain. Iv read so many bad things i fee terrified xxx

Was that the booster jab Lillypops?

Try not to get too bogged down with all the negative media hype and conspiracy theories about vaccines running riot online. I felt a bit iffy for about 24 hours or so the day after being Pfizered for the second time back in early May, but OK afterwards.

Hopefully you'll now be well protected against actual Covid ahead of the autumn/winter season.

Sorry that was supposed to day 2nd i fee awful im just hoping it gets better. Im guna start a . Thread an c if any1 can offer some words of wisdom to keep me sane for the next few days xxx

Thread Information