Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Over analysing how I feel

Over analysing how I feel

Hey I'm not really sure what category this fits in with. But I've realised that I am panicking when I don't feel right. Not physically but mentally. If I feel very happy I get anxious I'm manic which is a sign of bipolar. I woke up this morning in the middle of a deep dream and started getting ready for work. I obviously wasn't awake properly and I felt "off" just nothing felt right. Then I start getting anxious thinking why do I feel like this, what have I done to feel like this. I start over analysing what I have done to feel like this , which makes me feel worse because I'm anxious. I start catastrophising thinking that's it I'm really losing it, I'm not going to be able to go to work, maybe this is what an anxiety attack feels like? Once I was more awake I felt fine but at that moment it was pure anxiety . I'm like this all the time. Over thinking every time I don't feel "right"
    Not sure what to do really :(

Re: Over analysing how I feel

I've been over thinking shit since 1970.

It's getting me down :( it's not a nice feeling to constantly doubt how I feel and think. I would love to sit with a physiatrist and ask why do I think this..why do I feel this . What does this mean.. that's seeking reassurance I suppose. I want someone to tell me I'm ok that's there's nothing wrong with me I'm not going to go insane at any moment and lose control :(

Quote Originally Posted by happybunny13 View Post
    It's getting me down :( it's not a nice feeling to constantly doubt how I feel and think. I would love to sit with a physiatrist and ask why do I think this..why do I feel this . What does this mean.. that's seeking reassurance I suppose. I want someone to tell me I'm ok that's there's nothing wrong with me I'm not going to go insane at any moment and lose control :(
    I know mate. I'm not trying to belittle how you feel. I know how crap it can be to have a mind that never stops..

You're as sane as I am...

Oh I didn't think you was belittling how I feel.
    I don't know what to do to help. I have been on medication a long time and don't want to go up in dose. What they say will help with anxiety.. Resting , taking it easy seems to not help. Too much time to think. I feel better at work when I'm busy. Eating healthy... finding that hard as I feel comfort from eating chocolate but then I just feel guilty and bad for putting weight on. excercise.. I'm finding it hard to get the motivation to go to the gym on my day off would rather lay in bed watching tv.. sorry to rant I'm just going through a hard time and cant seem to dig myself out.

This might sound daft, but I seem to spend quite a bit of time reassuring myself at the moment. I'm not brilliant at it yet and I still find it incredibly helpful posting on here.

I have this thing I do where if I'm feeling a wobbly or worried about something I ask myself what would I say to a friend if they were feeling like I am right now. Then I tell myself it.

With me I think a lot of it boils down to not having a lot of confidence in my ability to cope or my own mental state. I'm working on it!

With regards to the gym on your day off, I find it helpful to get up and do something pretty much straight away. You could always get up, go to gym come back home and treat yourself to an hour on the bed with a treat?

NoraB - I quite like the idea of getting a t-shirt which says 'Overthinking since '67'.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post

NoraB - I quite like the idea of getting a t-shirt which says 'Overthinking since '67'.
    Put it this way..

If overthinking was an Olympic sport, I'd be a gold medal winner!

Oh to be an Underthinker....

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Put it this way..

If overthinking was an Olympic sport, I'd be a gold medal winner!
    Ok I'll give you that one, but I believe I may get gold in the flatulence competition. I tried to claim last night that I was creating atmosphere for a scene on a programme we were watching where a man fell asleep on a toilet. Even the dog left the room.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Oh to be an Underthinker....
    Aspiring underthinker since '67.

I really think I should do a range of t-shirts. Off to google if they do them already....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information