Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have Covid

I have Covid

Hi, I tested positive for covid on Tuesday and my symptoms started on Saturday night. I’m really scared as I can’t stop coughing, now I can hear a crackling noise after I cough. It’s very faint and feels like it’s coming from the back of my throat. However, it’s probably coming from my lungs. Really scared I’ll develop pneumonia or end up in hospital. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I had a fever for days which disappeared on Tuesday, scared it’ll come back.

Re: I have Covid

I'm so sorry, you must be very scared. If the fever has disappeared I don't think it's very likely you are worse. Keep an eye on that. Otherwise all you can do is rest and drink fluids, just like when we have flu.

I'll be thinking of you. Are you on your own? x

So sorry to hear you're sick.
    I had a horrendous cough for 3 weeks, coughing my guts out so bad I hurt my ribs.

Drs here are suggesting we get that little thing to test your oxygen, they give a number to drop below to head to the hospital. Its really hard to judge by how bad the cough is.
    Last edited by NancyW; 16-09-21 at 23:34.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t think I coughed during the night but woke up and started coughing there. I can hear that crackling noise again and I’m freaking out!

No, I live with my boyfriend who also has covid. We’re both just so tired. I keep googling covid and reading about when people are admitted to hospital. This cracking after I cough is seriously making me panic.

Worried about lungs!

I’ve recently tested positive for covid and have had a cough for 6 days. I think it’s getting better but I can hear crackles when I exhale or cough, they sound like they’re coming from the back of my throat. I keep googling and it says it could be pneumonia or fluid in the lungs. I’m so scared I’ll have to go to hospital.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Worried about lungs!

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseC1896 View Post
    I’ve recently tested positive for covid and have had a cough for 6 days. I think it’s getting better but I can hear crackles when I exhale or cough, they sound like they’re coming from the back of my throat. I keep googling and it says it could be pneumonia or fluid in the lungs. I’m so scared I’ll have to go to hospital.
    Im so sorry, Louise. I can understand your fears. Have you received any of the vaccines?

Hi Louise,

An oxygen monitor is probably a good idea. I haven't had covid but I've had both bronchitis and pneumonia a few times. For me, it was always very obvious when my lungs weren't clear because my chest would feel really heavy and would burn when I took breaths. Crackling in your throat isn't necessarily that - it could very much just be mucus or fluid in your throat itself.

I hope you get to feeling better! You and your boyfriend both. A humidifier might help?
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information