Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have Covid

Re: I have Covid

Hello, when we had covid my boyfriend had the most awful cough. He was in the toilet bringing up mucus about once an hour and it sounded like he was coughing all his organs up. It was horrible! They thought he might have an infection so were going to prescribe him antibiotics but didn't in the end. It sounds like you're ok from your other symptoms but speak to the dr if you need to. My boyfriend was very ill but he is completely fine now and I'm sure you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseC1896 View Post
    I called the doctors yesterday and they gave me anti antibiotics, said it might be bronchitis. However now I’ve broke out in rashes, on my elbows knees and feet. And my stupid freckle on my face that I’ve got so much health anxiety over looks inflamed too. I’m really trying not to freak out. Called the pharmacy and she thinks it’s covid related but said to phone the doctors just to make sure. What else could it be? Cancer? Or something equally as serious?
    I get a rash from Amoxicillin, it's not painful, starts in on the folds knees/elbows/groin/armpits that spreads outwards, a couple of antihistamine tablets, and it's gone within 7-12 hours. Might be a minor allergic reaction, which isn't uncommon. I would tell the Dr as if it is, they'll give you an antibiotic from a different group in future.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseC1896 View Post
    Just googled the side affects of the antibiotic I’m on and they are horrific! Seriously worried. I’m taking doxycycline and it says it can cause intercranial hypertension and Steven Johnson Syndrome, the last one seems to be what I have or starting to have. Does anyone have experience with this drug?
    Absolutely never Google medication side effects lol. I’ve learned that the hard way!!! Doxy is a pretty mild antibiotic. If you’re developing a rash, antihistamines work, like Benadryl. And your doc will prescribe you a different one if they think you need it. But please try not to stress yourself out over potential side effects.

Thanks guys. I know I’m being an idiot googling. I’m waiting on the dr phoning me. The rash has gotten worse, my feel are really blotchy and itchy. I also have a pink/purple itchy rash on my thighs and arms.

My 10 year old son woke up today with itchy hands and feet. Now his fingers are swollen. I feel this is never ending.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information