Thread: Long covid

Long covid

Hi Folks

My doctor has determined that I suffer from long covid.

I am over 50 years of age and first tested positive in February this year, although I didn't go to hospital.

I had my 2 injections in March and May and on both occasions had to take time off work because I was not well - dizziness, issues with memory and concentration, tiredness, and sleepless nights. I still suffer from those symptoms every now and again.

My doctor has now referred me to a post Covid clinic for which I am waiting for an appointment.

Had anyone else gone through a similar experience and what did you do in order to resolve it?

Thanks

Re: Long covid

hi, 2 ladies in our work had it before there vaccines in dec and have sworn by zinc supplements , hope this helps a bit, sorry cant help further as luckily i havent caught it despite being frontline

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Before I say this the vast majority of people I know who have had it are totally fine now. But, I have got a friend who has been diagnosed with Long Covid, she is also under the care of the long covid clinic. I think she has found it helpful on some levels although they they quite openly admit that it is a new thing and a lot of it is trial and error because it is so new.

I think she felt good that her condition was acknowledged and they are trying to help.

Thread Information