Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Weight Loss - A Positive Post!

Re: Weight Loss - A Positive Post!

Amazing stuff glassgirl, well done. You've inspired me to finally get off my arse, get down the gym and cut down on the pork pies. I've got 30 pounds to shift before I go to a friend's wedding in June!

This is an incredible achievement which must have taken so much determination and resilience!! Good luck for your checkup but I'm sure your body and organs will be really feeling the benefit from all this hard work over many months!

Brilliant news glassgirlw and so good to hear from you.
    The woman's stuff all sounds normal to me.
    Us poor women have to deal with periods for a big chunk of our life then we get slammed with menopause.
    Some of the symptoms are similar to those of anxiety too. Difficult to tell which one is which sometimes.

Wow that's incredible. Just sticking to it is amazing but to lose that much is such a massive achievement. Think how you've extended your life not only losing the weight but also increasing your aerobic fitness in the process. You've taken the strain off your heart and lungs whilst increasing their capacity.

I think that last 20 pounds is where you may plateau. You might have to try different things to get it down and it will be much slower than previous losses. You get to that point where you may have to advance a fitness goal and/or diet to reach a certain target. And you might see small increases but don't panic because you can drop any temporary increases by doing what you already have been. It may be a bit demoralizing at times so look back at your achievement over this journey and tell yourself if you can do all that, and starting and holding a routine was a big job, you can do this too.

And you've also overcome a big anxiety trigger in the process. Well done!!!

glassgirl, that's brilliant news!!! And an incredible amount to lose. So if I say you're half the person you once were, its not an insult Seriously though, you must 'feel' like a different person.

I've managed to keep most of mine off, but its not easy keeping your eye on that ball. There's that tendency to think 'job done'. Complacency is the enemy.

Panicattacka- you can definitely do it by June! Just have to start with day 1!!

Terry, I’m definitely dealing with the plateau-ing already. I’ll go a couple weeks with no loss, then all of a sudden lose 2. It’s definitely slowed way, way down. I’ve upped my calories a bit the last few days and that’s helping things move in the right direction again, which is odd. But I’ll take it. For sure not getting discouraged (yet), I have my mind set on a specific goal weight and after sticking to this for so long, I’d really like to hit it. But, if it doesn’t happen, I’m pretty happy where I’m at.

Fishman I’m exactly half my starting weight currently so you can tell me I’m half the person I was anytime lol!!!

Catkins, Pulisa, Carnation - thank you ladies so much. Sometimes it does stink to be a woman lol!!!

You should be proud of yourself glassgirlw. x

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information